Is How I Met Your Mother funny?

Great show. It’s my one ‘must see’.

And as you may have noticed already upthread, the acronym for the show is “HIMYM”, which is easily searchable in the site default search.

I caught it for the first time on a trip in a plane, and was surprised by how funny it was. I don’t make a point of watching, but every time I have it’s been pretty good.

I started watching because of Alyson Haannigan.
While not always hilarious, it definitely has some good humor

Brian

My wife and I have been watching it since it started and enjoy it. Last season was kind of weak, but generally it’s quite funny.

I remember watching the pilot when it first aired, mostly for NPH, and thinking, “meh.” Then I started catching it in syndication the last couple of years and I’ve grown to love it. It really pays off when you’ve watched for a while, especially watching in sequence. Not only for the “mother” angle, but for bits and references that recur, i.e., the aforementioned Slap Bet. But, a thousand other things as well. They also do foreshadowing – whether intentional or made up after the fact – that can pay off episodes, or even seasons, later.

P.S. Add me to the “Josh Radnor is underappreciated” contingent.

I adore the show. I recently watched Josh Radnor’s movie, “HappyThankYouMorePlease,” and it was alright. Alyson, Jason, and NPH are each superstars in their own rights (heck, we’re even seeing Lyndsy Fonseca, the daughter, everywhere now). Everyone has great chemistry with everyone else, I love how they play fast-and-loose with the fourth wall and everything, and I greatly enjoy the way they write Robin’s Canadian character (Sir Scratchewan, anyone? :smiley: ).

Love the show for all the reasons listed above, plus I really like how every website mentioned actually exists.

For example: http://www.canadiansexacts.org

THANK you.

-Joe

They really ARE just trying to get the information out there.

I find HiMYM quite funny. I do not find any of the shows on Cat Fight’s list the least bit funny.

I love it and find it very funny. NPH makes the show for me.

He’s legen… wait for it…

…dary! The musical number about suits was terrific!

Running a marathon is easy!

Step 1. Start running.

There is no step 2.

(My favorite line on television)

With all the NPH love here, anyone else surprised that he wasn’t nominated for an Emmy? He was outstanding in the “Legendaddy” episode with John Lithgow.

Challenge ACCEPTED!

Big fan here! Agree Josh is underrated. My favorite aspect of the show: showing that Winnie Cooper’s still HOT!

Love the show. One of my favorite gags was Barney’s recap of the Karate Kid.

That episode, The Pineapple Incident, could be used to teach a course on how to write a sitcom. It also has my favorite single line from the show:
Carl the Bartender: So guys, how were the shots?
Drunk Ted: I drank all five bitch.
Makes me crack up every time.

I love the whole cast, even Ted (especially when they flashback to College Ted), but I would have no problem with them turning the entire show to just Marshall and Barney talking in the bar for 22 minutes.

Oh, College Ted (and Marshall and Lily) - they spent A LOT of time “eating sandwiches,” apparently. And hey, they’re still not too old to “eat a sandwich” once in a while! :smiley:

I loved the Smoking Episode where Marshall wishes he could go back in time and tell his 13 year old self not to start smoking in the first place. They show grown-up Marshall walking up to his younger self, smacking the cigarette out of his hand, and then just punching him in the gut for good measure. It slays me every time.