Is it just me, or are nearly all "Top 10 Whatevers" on YouTube bloody awful?

Another thing I’ve noticed about these top-10-blah-blah-blahs-of-all-time videos: isn’t it funny how time only began 10 or 15 years ago?

Me too, too. I’m not saying they’re brilliant, but they’re decent enough to make me think they’re not the ones the OP is complaining about.

I’ll second that the watchmojo lists are usually ok.

Cinefix.
These lists are absolutely phenomenal. They haven’t made any new ones for a little bit now. But their top top (or 4 or 5) lists, covering all aspects of cinema, are terrific. It’s like a 10 minute film school. Just wonderful.

Their other material (7 things you didn’t know about “x”) are ok.

What are you saying?

The titles always say that the video will list the top ten songs/movies/jokes/etc. OF ALL TIME, but none of the examples are ever older than 10 or 15 years old.

That’s because they’re geared toward millennials. :smiley:

Most of the top X ones are annoying. I also get annoyed by the ones with titles like “X things you didn’t know about…”.

I usually DO know about at least half, and sometimes all, of the things they list.

I saw one recently called “black celebrities you had no idea were Jewish” or something. Maybe it was a clickbait slideshow. Same difference.

Anyway, one of the people on the list was Drake. DRAKE!! Drake, who’s video for “HYFR” features him getting re-bar-mitzvahed. Drake, who’s SNL opener featured a song called “I’m Black and Jewish” set to the tune of hava negilah. Drake, of all people.

Here’s something else about Drake that you had no idea about…

He’s Canadian

Hope you didn’t pass out from the shock…

Thirded. The key is to find channels you like, and watch those videos. I like WatchMojo, Cinefix, Looper, ScreenRant, and WhatCulture.

And gee, here I was thinking that you must be talking about those dull lists from WatchMojo. Quite pedestrian in my opinion, but watchable I guess. There’s worse out there? Well, I don’t spend much time on YouTube anyway.

Any video where the thumbnail contains an all caps word in a large “shocking” font combined with some 16-22 year old jackwipe making a dumb facial expression is an automatic “skip” for me.

Oh, and makes me want to find them and smack them around a bit.

Nothing important happened before they were born.