Is it snowy where you are?

Here in Frozen Tundra territory, it’s below freezing at the moment but no snow to speak of. A few flurries near the big lake this AM, but it didn’t amount to much.

Wah. I’m not feeling bad for them when they were open until May this year.

It’s been in the 70’s all week. Today it finally dipped down a bit - I was shivering on the porch watching the dog poop just now, but that’s because I was in short sleeves and bare feet.

What is “snow”? :confused:

There’s tundra on the hull?

No snow in Stockton, but frost on the windshield three days in a row.

No, and I’m jolly well pissed off about it.

You flew into Eagle/Vail? I thought you flew bigger planes. That’s a tough airport to be sure.

We run 757s in there during the ski season. ~180 pax, 200-250K lbs of aircraft & payload. We don’t bring the larger widebody 767 in there though.

The runway itself is about like those at La Guardia or Washington National. Sufficient, but not luxuriously long. The worst of the snow and weather is about the same. The huge difference is the arrival sashaying down the canyon to get down into the valley where the airport sits. That and the mountain just off the far end of the runway which complicates the takeoff or go-around. :slight_smile:

Today, we’re having our very first significant snow of the season. It’s mostly “lake effect,” so is hitting those of us in the eastern suburbs. A couple of inches so far; more, farther east.

I’m showing 67 in Broward right now. I’m about to go for a drive to my community garden, and am going to enjoy the trip with the top down.

The big chill has descended on us. It might not get over 40F today, and it’s likely to stay this way until tomorrow when it goes back up to 50F again.

Yeah. Talked to wife this AM; first truly cool morning at home this season. Low 60s at sunrise. Here in Vail the temp at sunrise was about 5F.

Heading home in a couple hours. Will enjoy dinner outside. Ain’t FL grand?

It hit us here in the western 'burbs, too, though probably not as hard. I can still see green poking up through the snow, though at least this one looks like it’ll stick around for a day. It’ll surely melt tomorrow, though.

It’s cooled off a bit the last couple of days, but it’s supposed to be back up in the 50s and raining next week.

There are a few patches of snow in Albuquerque, but as the temps have been moving towards 50 F it should melt. Just as well–snow looks pretty while it is falling but otherwise it’s just a mess.