Is "negative ghost rider, the pattern is full" a BS statement?

Why? He’s in the pipe, five by five.

Yeah.
Care to back this up with a cite or two?

There’s a difference between “Been around for awhile. Fucking nuts, but entertaining” and “Drive-by batshit.” :smiley:

Dude needs to loosen his tin foil hat or up his psych meds.

“Gor B Cheff” was a nice touch though.

I am going to have to watch Top Gun more closely next time.

I’m thinking it is more about the “Your lack of military experience and or intelligence is blatantly obvious.” line from Commander Cuckoo Bananas.

For the subtleties of the fly-by you missed, right? Not just rewatching the volleyball scene? :stuck_out_tongue:

With wake turbulence separation the pattern could be full and the planes could be miles apart.

Ah, but that scene was also a symbol for the cold war. The American are the “shirts”, the Soviets the “skins.” The volleyball is a veiled reference to the nuclear football. And the overall message of the scene is that, as much as the two sides try to appear to rivals, they should just get over it and get a room, already.

Ahhh, I bet you’re right. I missed that nugget in the buffet line of bonkers.

n/m

… someone did a flyby in that movie? :smiley:

I like it. I’m gonna subscribe to Ghost Rider’s pamphlet.

It was clearly a warning to the Soviets that we had some ridiculously fast fast-movers.

*“Maverick’s supersonic. I’ll be there in 30 seconds.” *

125 miles in 30 seconds is 15,000 MPH!

Zoooooom.

I can cite from personal experience that a low pass makes a whooshing sound as it goes over your head.

:slight_smile:

All right, but the REAL ending of the movie is when they fight the MIGs at the end, all right? Because he has passed over into the gay way. They are this gay fighting fucking force, all right? And they’re beating the Russians, the gays are beating the Russians. And it’s over, and they fucking land, and Iceman’s been trying to get Maverick the entire time, and finally, he’s got him, all right? And what is the last fucking line that they have together? They’re all hugging and kissing and happy with each other, and Ice comes up to Maverick, and he says, “Man, you can ride my tail, anytime!” And what does Maverick say? “You can ride mine!” Swordfight! Swordfight! Fuckin’ A, man!

[Moderating]

I see no need to keep this open at this point.