Is pot overrated?

Yeah, that is quite dumb. It might not even have been actual marijuana, what with all of the dangerous synthetic substitutes available. As a rule, don’t ingest random things you find on the ground.

:smiley:

I plead guilty to being dumb, and hard up.:o

I’m not a big fan of it, as, with me, there’s about a quarter to a third chance it’ll make me anxious and set me into a panic attack mindframe (which sucks), but I can see the appeal if that’s not an issue for you. The good highs I’ve had (usually, by myself) were quite nice, mellow, and really increased my enjoyment of listening to music or watching movies, things like that. I didn’t grow up in a time and place where it was “a big deal” or considered “dangerously addictive,” so my experiences with it (especially the negative ones) were a bit more intense than normal, by my estimation.

But, seriously, you just smoked some stuff you found? :dubious:

Yeah; that’s about how it works for me.:smiley:

I was in high school in Alaska when it was legal to grow or smoke but not to sell.
It was readily available, my brother’s friend’s Dad grew it in his living room and gave it away (since you couldn’t sell it legally).

Never did much for me, but I have minor asthma and don’t like to breathe smoke anyway.

I guess I’m never going to live this down, now that I’ve opened my trap.:rolleyes:

If it makes any difference … I’m not completely stupid, thus, upon inspection I could see that it was of high quality and (likely) hadn’t been molested. And so, what were my options? a. Send it out to a lab and have it tested? b. flush it down the toilet? c. leave it be and let some other sap take possession? d. return to my place (with it) and take a chance?

So, you see, I did the wise thing … and the result was that I was able to write an authoritative post in here regarding today’s weed for folks to comment on.:stuck_out_tongue:

I remember going to Dead shows in the '80s as a teen to try and score kind. I scored it. All weed was about 20% potency of today’s medical weed. Trust me. The only thing that got you instantly stoned in the Reagan years was hash. Weed is SOOOO much better now.

I’ve switched to edibles. The chocolate is fantastic, zero post aftertaste in brands like the 4.20 Bar and KIVA. I recommend the Tangerine and Raspberry flavor.

What’s great about the edibles is I eat them about three hours before bed. Doesn’t make you laugh your ass off (unless you eat a full dose) it just makes you relaxed and you get a little sleepy later. It takes about 80 minutes to kick in, so it’s kind of a surprise! :slight_smile:

Don’t think we don’t appreciate it. :slight_smile:

To me, pot is definitely not overrated. One of the things I like about cannabis is that it allows me to be a bit forgetful. Normally my brain latches onto things and doesn’t easily let go. I take no credit for this, it’s just something my brain does. With cannabis, it’s like my brain is saying “Don’t sweat the small stuff.”

Also, I just have a lot of fun. It seems to make having fun with wordplay, mimicry, etc be okay to do. I have never liked alcohol, not even the least little bit. If I do cannabis too frequently, the effects do diminish. So, as with most other things in life, balance is key.

This is fine for people that know the ropes. But a very bad idea for first timers that can eat and eat it and not feel an effect. And then eat some more.

Yes. I’d had trying on my bucket list forever, so when I had a chance (at the good medical grade stuff from Colorado, no less), I jumped at. I was soooooo disappointed. It didn’t do anything, and my much, much more experienced friends made sure we partook all night long, and I went to bed just feeling stinky. No giggles, munchies, high, paranoia or nothing. Just blah. At 46, maybe I’d waited too long.

Very common that it has no effect the first time. It may require priming. Try it again and you will overestimate your tolerance.

All the “grass will save the world” claims are probably … overstated. Should it be legal? Sure, but only because there’s no real reason for it not to be.

I’ve never smoked weed, either, and if I ever had the chance, I would, just to see what the fuss is. But I suspect my experience would be like yours. I’ve smoked cigarettes and cigars, and gotten a temporary buzz, but nothing life-changing. And I was always - thank Og - able to put them down and not pick them up again. (Except snuff - that was reaaallly good, and I found myself craving it again. So, had to put that shit away in a hurry.)

Ditto. Although last weekend I had a glass of really good sangria. But in general, alcohol tastes nasty.

I’d go into withdrawal if I ever had to give up sweet tea, though.

Now you’re talking about an addictive botanical! Fresh from the vine, good bread, mayo, a little salt and pepper - heaven!

I *want *to like it, but I don’t. The laughing at everything is nice, but thats about it.

I don’t seem to get the appreciation of music and movies that people get. I sometimes get severe panic attacks or paranoia from smoking it. Plus it fucks up my depth perception, which means I can’t game while smoking. I’ve tried and I keep falling off of cliffs.

I wish they would legalize it though, but part of that is that way I could experiment with different breeds to find if any of the other breeds and strains cause me to actually enjoy the experience more than $5 schwag.

But what if you’re on an airline and the pilot – whom toked on a “good” doobie 20-minutes before take off – had to land the craft at an airport where the weather had turned extremely bad?:eek:

Playing chess on it can be fun.

Or you turned into Denzel Washington? :smiley:

Good to know that I’m not the only one who’s never felt much after smoking it. I think it should be legal, but I wouldn’t pay my hard earned money for it.