Is she hitting on me?

Never dip your pen in the company ink.

That advice aside - let’s look at the evidence we have.

1. She smiled at you
  2. There is occasional contact betwixt boob and arm which may or may not be flirtatious in nature.

If 2) is indeed intended to be flirty, I have to wonder at what’s going on in the mind of someone who thinks that’s an ideal way to register their interest. Place boobs on arm in an ambiguous fashion. Repeat. Hope for the best. In this case I’d be very wary - you may have found yourself a mentalist.

I think it’s pretty likely to be innocent. I sympathise with you though - sometimes when the blood rushes away from the head the brain is unable to make these distinctions all that easily.

Try having a conversation with her. There is far more potential for flirting there than in an occasional drive-by boob-brush.

Alternatively, it all may be part of some wicked scheme - maybe she and the other women in the office are running a sweepstake to see how quickly you’ll crack :slight_smile:

Band name.

These kinds of threads always generate at least one.

AKA ‘bunny boiler’

Well, yeah, that *would * be relevant! :cool:

Alright, I’ve given this more thought and I’ve decided that she’s not hitting on you. Nope.

She’s hitting on me, through you. Tell her I said “Sup?”

No, No! I’m telling you, plant your face in them and make motorboat noises. Chicks dig that shit.

Look up suddenly and gasp. Then say, "That’s odd. All of a sudden, I’m thinking of a Bible verse. “I look up into the hills, from whence my help comes.”

Then start singing “My Favorite Things.”

Or tell her the one that ends with the punchline:

I’d like two pickets to Tittsburgh!

That’s not the punchline, that’s the setup. The punchline is:

You ruined my life you fucking bitch!

Tread carefully- it’s entirely possible she’s comfortable being physically close to you but honestly doesn’t realize she’s touching you. I don’t always notice, and I’m not huge. Don’t say anything sleazy to screw up a good working relationship or get yourself in trouble!

Reminds me of a product manager I worked with a ways back. She was moderately endowed, and very pretty, but never flirty AFAIK, and she was extremely competent . But sometimes in a meeting she’d lean forward to make a point, and basically smoosh her boobs on the conference table while she talked earnestly.

Hard to concentrate in those meetings sometimes.

I dunno, I certainly worked in a number of corporate offices with men and, even when I was interested in them, I would never lean up against them at their desks, or anywhere else! I really can’t see an office situation where that’s appropriate.

I always thought **Renob **was boner backwards.

Oh, that’s a given! When I was a kid, I got falsely blamed so many times that staying out of ‘ambushes’, deliberate or otherwise, is second nature to me.
But, for the latest update…I walked by her in the normal course of work and said “Hi, X.” And, to quote Henny Youngman: “She gave me a bigger brush than anything that the Fuller Brush Man ever had!” (Oh, that minx…!)
So, I shall go into the retreat mode with this dish.

And squeegee, I know that boob smoosh well! This one babe that I worked with years ago was just tall enough that when she leaned over the counter…but, I digress.

Thank you to everyone for your excellent comments!

greatshakes

It is. The whole “re: my nob” thing was my lame attempt to make an outright sexual term (ie boner) dialed back into the innuendo territory.

Greatshakes, forget about the whole boob thing for a minute.

Unless she is starving for a careeropportunity and considers you her ticket to same, a girl, unlike a boy, doesn’t flirt with guys she doesn’t like. And *if *she likes you, you can tell by other things besides the boobbrushing.

So, is there any chemistry between you two? Looks that are a little longer then necessary? Compliments she pays you? Opportunities she seeks out at work to pass your desk and chat, to work with you when she needn’t to especially? Is there laughter, teasing, and easy banter when you chat with her? Does she remember personal stuff about you and mentions it in conversation?

If not, and you are not Brad Pitt, lookswise, then forget about the whole thing. She isn’t flirting with you.

Besides, starting out by liking each other is rather essential for any romantic relationship to develop succesfully. So I’d start there, rather then at boob-armcontact, prolonged or otherwise.

No, you cannot gauge whether she is “hitting on you” by her boob accidently touching you.

Even if she was actively hitting on you (smiling, touching your arm, etc) that also does not neccessarily mean she is looking to get with you. Women, especially attractive ones, will often be friendly and flirty because they like the attention it gets them.

While not dating coworkers is a good idea, it is still pretty common. I’ve mostly worked in consulting firms then tend to employ young, smart people. They work long hours and travel and generally work on small, close knit constantly changing teams. Dating is actually pretty frequent and I’ve even seen a few couples actually get married to their coworkers (which incidently is the stupidest idea ever for any number of reasons).

Now I’m so confused. One person tells us:

And another tells us:

:confused:

See post upthread to the effect that women are different from men, also other women. :slight_smile: