Is she hitting on me?

Whoa, I didn’t think it’d gotten to that stage yet.

This is the truth. If a girl wants your attention, she’ll do what it takes to get it.

Not always.

However, a girl who wants your attention will carry it further if she’s already purposely laying her sweater puppets on ya.

Sure, but she might be flirting and take your pulling away as a “not interested” signal. Grab a pen, then put your arm right back where it was (but no further!) like so many other people are suggesting.

Here’s something you might try - next time she touches you, flinch and say “Ow, static electricity.” Her reaction and subsequent behaviour should provide clues.

“I’m sorry. Is my arm hurting your breast? If not, may I leave it there?”

I agree, and so do most things written about body language. We all have a sense of personal space and one way we show interest nonverbally is by violating someone else’s or not being annoyed or uncomfortable when someone else violates ours. Deliberately standing close enough to put your breasts on someone is undoubtedly the former - unless you observe her standing way too close to everyone else too.

Oh man, if I ever took off a girl’s bra and she had Gonzo and Grover under there, it’d freak me the hell out it would.

I’ve got nothing to contribute here, except to suggest that we start turning all poster’s names here into innuendos, a la KneadtoKnow. Of course, we’ve already got Renob. Might have to dial that one back from outright sexual to mere innuendo. “She answered me re: my nob.”

OK, guess I actually had nothing at all. :slight_smile:

I worked at a place that hired a temp. She dressed very provocatively and flirted . One engineer I worked with couldn’t resist and took a flyer at her. She filed a harassment suit and he lost his job. Later it was said that she as a temp had filed several suits for sexual harassment at at other companies.
You got nothing to win and everything to lose. There is another woman down the street.

In my experience, everyone has an iron-clad rule about not dating at work. Until they meet the person who causes them to break that rule. Unless she reports to you or you report to her, just see what happens. Even if she can’t feel her breasts touching your arm, she should be able to eyeball it and say, “Yep, they’re touching his arm all right.” I myself walk right up to people all day long without bouncing into them just using my eyesight. This can’t be accidental.

This is a case where you should listen to the Little Jerry (or George).

Oh, okay. Maybe worry about harrassment. But my understanding of the rules is you can ask a woman out once in a non-sleazy manner; if she says no, forget it. I’ve done this several times over the years, and it resulted in two long-term relationships, and I’ve never been hauled into HR.

I’ve been on the receiving end of booby attacks, but only by a drunk drivers, but it seems odd that it would be unintentional.

Or, maybe she just needs new glasses.

This is near…and this is far.

Thanks for all of your input! I shall keep you posted on any new, relevant developments. If nothing new occurs, I won’t bother. I am definitely wary of any sexual harassment situations, and you may be confident that I shall avoid anything even remotely similar to that kind of scenario. If nothing else, I have found that that sort of thing only makes one look like a dork, instead of helping to get the babe!

greatshakes

Turn into an innuendo? Okay, I’ll explain again. In short, the way to a man’s heart may be through his stomach, but the path into my pants runs across my shoulders and down my back. :slight_smile:

Dude, what post in this entire thread would lead you to believe that we want to hear nothing but relevant developments? I for one want an PM every freaking time Chesty LaRue walks past your desk. :slight_smile:

With akwardly angled cell phone video to accompany it.

That’s ridiculous though, unless what you mean by ‘took a flyer’ means more than asking her out (grabbing hold of them and blowing raspberries into her cleavage maybe?).

In this case, if there’s any sexual harassment going on it’s surely Chesty LaRue (I love that) on poor old greatshakes…!

[Bender, while jacking on]
Oh-h-h-h-h-h ye-ea-ea-ea-ea-ea-ea-ah.
[/Bender]

Isn’t it obvious? She can’t tell they’re pressing against you because they’re fake - made of soft plastic. Her real name is Bernard.

And that wasn’t a Treo in his pocket; he was really just that happy to see you.

Guy and girl are basking in afterglow of hot sex, and guy glances at picture on her nightstand.
“Is that your brother?” he inquires.
“No,” she replies.
Feeling a bit worried, he asks, “Boyfriend?”
“Nope.”
“Then who is it?”
Rolling on top of him and rubbing noses, she whispers, “That was me, before the operation.”