Is the government spraying stuff into the atmosphere to protect us?

Sure but Rickymouse’s statement appears to be about intentional weather control, and unless he includes praying for rain I ditto Czarcasm’s request of a cite.

Gold makes the best bling. You aren’t going to impress alien chicks with yttrium. Well, except for Rigelian girls, they think it tastes good.

waynemcdougall, reading that and compiling with other remembered things, it appears that high cirrus clouds let through more energy from sunlight in the wavelengths it comes in than it lets through from the earth in the wavelengths it emits. So even though it reflects more sunlight than without clouds, it reflects down even more energy from the ground.

Interesting.

http://odd-facts.blogspot.com/2009/07/rain.html China knew this long ago. The Native Americans knew fire would draw the rain, they even knew what kind of fires. According to the Forestry service at Yellowstone Park the forest fires didn’t need to be fought before because they would draw rain and they explained how. This fact of nature quit about thirty or so years ago and they don’t know why. They now have to fight the fires or everything would burn. Expensive change in nature. It was also noticed during the civil war that when the cannons were shot a lot that it rained. There have also been studies on the weather and seizmic fluctuations around the world when atomic bombs were tested underground and above ground. Notice there aren’t many tests worldwide anymore. I used to save the links but because I am not interested in playing this game of chess I have quit. I see there is a tendency of the intelligent to disreguard anything that our ancestors knew unless it is proven by facts. If the facts conflict with their way of thinking they will discredit the author. I don’t care, leave me out of that game.

Finally, a link…and as I expected, it doesn’t even support your claim, which was

Your blog link tells us about failed attempts through the centuries.

My ancestors knew thunder was the rumbling of the wheels on Thor’s cart. Am I allowed to discredit them by saying there is a body of more scientific work that disagrees?

Most people here disregard presented ancestral knowledge because it’s often a) not actual ancestral, b) contraindicated by known facts. And knowing all the absolute nonsense believed by our ancestors, why should we accept without proof those bits that just happens to fall outside the categories of proven and disproved? Where’s the sense in automatically consider it sensible?

Since Odin was a line of ancient leaders who built big stone buildings between 500 BC and possibly up to 1300 AD and since Odin/Woden meant Godin or Lord/ruler of the empire I think Thors chariot may have been a big cart of somesort that hauled stone. It may have sounded like thunder as it crushed the rocks as it rode along. Maybe the thunder was actually explosives that the Europeans acquired from trade with China and was used for mining and warfare. Who knows for sure and I’m not who. There may be explanations to some of the old writings. You’re ancestors may have believed that but mine were smart enough to understand things. Not all the people of those days were unintelligent. Some were very smart. Most modern medicines, with the exclusion of the synthetics, are based on old knowledge. Even some of our cancer treatments. The people studying the Pyramids are having a hard time figuring how they hauled those stones and don’t understand why and how they made them with primitive tools. Maybe if they could acknowledge that man was intelligent back then they could figure it out. So aren’t the pyramids big enough proof that mankind wasn’t intelligent back then? What about the ancient Roman statues? Just because their desires aren’t the same as ours doesn’t make us smarter.

Did you know that we have a forum called “Mundane Pointless Stuff I Must Share” that would be a perfect fit for unsubstantiated, uncited and off-topic meandering like this?
Just sayin’.

I have to agree with you ther Czarcasm, I have acquired a lot of junk knowledge with no real use in this world. I got tired of building houses. Maybe I’ll go to Boznia next year and help dig around on the pyramids and try to roll around some of those big marbles.

Being unknowledgable about the causes of thunder in 750 AD isn’t a mark of low intelligence.

I kind of like facts. They can be useful.

It’s more than just a tendency - I consider it my official policy.

:confused:

:confused:Does anyone really think the so called “goverment” has any good in mind for us as they say “useless eaters”! If so, think again, they are evil little snarly cowards. Let God take care of his creation. Nobody has the right to think they “own” the air. ALL men are created EQUAL. :wink:

Yikes!!! Where did this come from?

Since you’re a dental assistant, what’s your position on mercury in fillings? Any more serious than chemtrails? Hope you come back.

Obligatory XKCD link: