Is there A Doggie Heaven?

Or a heaven for pets only? And if so, who goes there, the good dog only?

Does the heaven reflect the behaviour of the owner? Like Homer Simpson said one of Hitler’s dogs went to doggie hell.

Is there a “doggie hell”? According to Homer Simpons, “Well if there’s a doggie heaven there’d have to be a doggie hell?”

Or do you not believe in Doggie Heaven

From the show All In The Family

Mike is teasing Archie for killing a fly, saying he killed one of “God’s creatures” and Archie says it doesn’t matter as animals don’t go to heaven.

Mike) So you’re saying there’s a heaven for people but not for animals

Archie) Of course not, who’d want to go to heave if it was full of dogs and flies

Note: I said “Doggie heaven” but feel free to apply it to cats or pets or whatever animal

Yes there is, and he’s living in it right now (no, he’s not dead.)

According to Rose Nylund in *Golden Girls, *only Protestant heaven has animals.

Yes, it’s called Rainbow Bridge.

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together…"

I don’t believe there is such a thing as a bad animal, so all get to go to heaven. I just don’t think animals have the capacity for “mean” and anything that is attributed to meanness, evilness or anything not nice is merely instinct (predatory drive) a response to human interaction (abused animals becoming vicious) or that animals natural function (shark attacks for example- far less “attacks” than merely sharks doing what they do and eating or trying to eat what they find).

I would also like to believe that “heaven” is different for each person, and that my heaven may not be exactly the same as yours. (And I dare anyone to prove me wrong with peer-reviewed and accepted cites. ;)) And since I could not imagine anything approximating heaven without my animals around (did I mention that all animals are also mine? ;)) then it stands to reason that there must be only one heaven for both people and animals.

No. Dogs rot in the ground after they’re dead, just the same as any other organic matter. No soul, no spirit, no post-corporeal existence.

If there aren’t any dogs in heaven, I don’t see the point in going.

No. If my hamsters don’t get a heaven, the other pets don’t get one either.

If there’s a doggie heaven it better be separate from kitty heaven because my Noodle will claw their shit up.

The Rainbow Bridge? Hope Heimdall doesn’t kick them off for trespassing.

I answered one Heaven for anyone, but I tend to believe more in the Resurrection of pets by us in Heaven & the New Earth.

The sad truth is, the poor guy got fucked out of his own IP. That’s what you get when you don’t strictly enforce copyright laws. You’d think the high thing would have kicked up a fuss, launched a plundering expedition, fired a few berserkers, but nothing. Not a peep, not even a boilerplate press release. My cynical guess is, they’ve been bought out to keep quiet.

Three ways to qualify for Doggie Heaven:

A. Be an innocent little puppy who doesn’t know any better.

B. Be a blithe spirit who means no harm to anyone.

or C. Be eager to please and have a developed superego. If a dog gets very sick, pees in the house, and then acts deeply miserable about it… well that pretty much guarantees an eternity in Doggie Heaven.

Humans go to heaven only to play supporting roles to the dogs. We can show up to play Frisbee and scritch their ears a few hours a day, then it’s back to limbo while the pups wrestle each other.

All animals go to the same heaven as people do. I just hope things like snakes and spiders get a better rep (or perhaps better PR?) up there.

My thoughts on the afterlife are inconclusive at best, but I liked the way my preacher addressed the subject, a number of Sundays ago: “If you need your dog in heaven to be happy, then your dog will be there.” This struck me as theologically sound.

What if you need booze, drugs and lesbian strippers doused in Crisco to be happy ?

Well, if heaven is to be HEAVEN! (llllllaaaaahhhhh) then your beloved pets should be there in my book :slight_smile:

Then you will have lots of friends lining up to visit your heaven? :wink:

I’ve had a dog or two who’d beg to differ—or you would, if you spent any time around them. :smiley:

I knew at least one old Cocker Spaniel who’s definitely in Doggie Hell, if he’s anywhere…and knowing him, he’d be on the staff. And loving every minute of it.

:rolleyes: