Is there a non-Amazon wishlist site out there somewhere?

This is on behalf of MrWhatsit. He wanted me to ask if anyone out there knows if there’s some sort of wishlist website or program or something that will allow you to enter items you want, and assign you a login/password so that people can mark items on the wishlist as “purchased” but when you log in, it just shows you your items, and not whether they’ve been bought/purchased? I know Amazon has a system like this but he wants to know if there’s something out there where you can enter anything at all, not just what’s available on Amazon.

I hope this makes sense.

Amazingly enough :wink:

http://www.wishlist.com/index/

I’ve been using Wish Fish for about a year…

http://www.wishfish.com/

Well, that was helpful.

Amazon Wishlist no longer allows entries that don’t involve Amazon products. No more add to list button. Apparently this change was made last March. Or maybe Spring 2022: claims differ and Amazon does a lot of up/down testing.

Hey, thanks for the memories Amazon! That freebee was helpful for this Amazon Prime member.

This commercial website assures me there are lots of free tools online (they offer one). How to add things to my Amazon wish list from other websites They appear to be variants of shop-bots: nice. It will help me broaden my shopping away from Amazon.

ChatGBT mentions MyRegistry, Giftster, Wishlistr, Wishpot, and Wishlistify. Maybe some of them exist.

Does anyone have recent experience with this? I couldn’t find reviews from Wirecutter or PC Magazine. I suspect that what I want is a bookmarked website, rather than an overly complicated browser extension, but we’ll see.

ETA: This reviewer seems ok: Had enough of Amazon wishlists? Here’s a comparison of alternative services! | Jake Lee

It’s not ideal, but I’ve been getting around that by adding some other random related item to my Wishlist, and then adding a note that says “DO NOT BUY THIS. I want this other thing instead [link to other thing not on Amazon]”. Although it remains to be seen how well that works; I can totally see my parents getting confused and just buying the thing I said not to buy.