Is there an (Android) app for this?

An app that allows only the phone numbers I pick will ring the phone. All others will just go straight to voice mail. I have the LG optimum if that matters.

Thanks for any help.

I know it exists, but don’t know anything offhand that allows it (except Google Voice, but that would involve using a GV #).

There’s an app I’ve seen ads for with a name like PrivacyPal that claims to essentially do this, but I can’t vouch for it.

The contact app (the default) on my Android 2.2 (T-Mobile Mytouch 4g) phone has a field that I discovered accidentally which will automatically send callers to voice mail after a brief tone. It was very embarrassing, too. I have no speculation on other phones.

Bob W.

I think there’s a way to to it with Tasker, but it costs money, and isn’t exactly the easiest thing to use. It’s pretty powerful, and does a whole lot of other things, too.

There are many apps with this function, I recommend Easy Filter. It has many options for black/white-listing numbers for calls and sms. It asks you to register each time you start it but you can skip that.

On my phone (HTC Eris) under “information” for each individual contact that you can toggle on or off to send to voicemail.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding what you’re asking. I’m not aware of an easy way to set them all to “Send to Voicemail” in a batch.

Good luck.

With my droid I can send calls to voicemail by going into the default contacts manager.

Gwendee, urban1a, and RandMcnally have custom dialers that are capable of doing blacklisting in the phone, as HTC and Motorola put their own dialers into their Android builds.

There are a lot of apps that will do this in the Market, but I have no experience with any of them. The keyword you want to search for is “blacklist”, because that’s what this function is called.

Thanks guys. To me I don’t consider it a “black list” tho’. More like: I work nights and sleep durring the day so don’t call me unless it’s an emergency!! i.e. My son’s mother or his school!! :slight_smile: