Is there an english word for this (operator of moving machinery)

Mundane, check. Pointless, check.

I’m writing something now in which I need a work that encompasses the operator of any moving machinery. ie: a term that encompasses drivers and pilots and sailors and bicycle riders etc. I asked a couple of friends and nobody could come up with a term for this. Does it exist in the english language?

Incidentally, does any other language have a word for this?

I believe what you’re looking for is “operator.” I realize you already knew that word, but I don’t think there is a more specific one.