Is this offensive, or am I too sensitive?

This was the post, that made me get the idea that you might be ashamed of the rural poor, and I honestly have encountered shame in some Mexican Americans for their own humble roots.
And IMO, the current American stereotype is that we are a nation of drug dealers and gang members.
But from the later posts, I realize that I did miss your point, which is that non-Mexicans should be more educated as to the full range of the people; instead of say the mexican doll section of the “It’s a small world” ride at Disneyland.
However, during my years teaching young children, I notice that they tend to favor, bright colorful and interesting costumes, and as much as I respect the great national hero, Benito Juarez; children dressed in his image, would be wearing a typical bland European business suit of that period.

For the record, if I were challenged to stereotype modern Mexicans I would use words like “Catholic” and “Hard-working” and “Family-oriented” and"Tough" and yes, also “Poor.”

I don’t know anyone who would subscribe to the descriptions that either of you have put forward. Do we think those people exist? Naturally. But as a broad definition? Ridiculous!

~You can get the costume here.