Is this picture Photoshopped?

Look at this picture of the Edge from the New Orleans Jazzfest. It looks like the picture of him was cut and pasted on the background. But the background is so plain it just seems wierd. Look at the white line around his right arm. And he looks flat.

Has something been done to this photo?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/05/01/jazz.fest.ap/index.html

I’m no expert, but it sure looks photoshopped to me.

If it was, CNN bought it that way: Getty Images
The white line around his arm and head could be from “angel lighting,” where there’s a light directly behind him shining toward the camera.

When I click on the link, I get a picture of Bruce Springsteen.

They’ve changed it. It was the second one from the Getty Images link I posted above.

I’m obviously not the best at these kind of things… but the lighting and ambience is right, and the white line could easily be from being backlit. I don’t think it’s a fake.

(Why would they fake it, anyways?)

I am sorry. I don’t see the picture. Is it on the first page? I don’t any pictures of the Edge there. I saw some on the second page, but nothing with the gold background.

It looks like they took the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame picture of the Edge (with Springsteen) and added the gold background from the New Orleans Jazzfest.

Am I wrong?

That must have changed as well, I don’t the original picture anywhere on that link. (I saw the OP and the link earlier today.)

It would help if we knew which photo you are talking about.

Try this one

If you looke at [this one](javascript:OpenChildWindow(‘Editorial & News Stock Images - News Sports, Celebrity Photos - Getty Images’, ‘’, ‘width=640,height=500,menubar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=no,titlebar=no,toolbar=no’):wink: you can clearly see the bulb from a bright light just behind him. This light would cause the glow.

Aren’t I a doofus.

[fixed link](Editorial & News Stock Images - News Sports, Celebrity Photos - Getty Images’, ‘’, ‘width=640,height=500,menubar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=no,titlebar=no,toolbar=no’):wink:

Photoshopper here. It’s not Photoshopped.

There is a spotlight shining forward directly behind the Edge and it’s causing the halo effect that looks so unnatural.

Also, if some retoucher tried to submit work this poorly done to national circulation, s/he would definitely be up for a poor performance review.

HEY YOU!!!
ahh… nothing really… just haven’t yelled that since the kc doper fest at the nelson and bbq… lol

OH YEAH!, and I definatly agree with you!

Nother photoshopper here; also photographer. Definitely standard backlight halo, definitely the kind of outline a halfway decent photoshopper would work to avoid.

Was this supposed to be a pic of Edge during a performance? Seems too clean if it was a live shot to trust. A studio shot, on the other hand, I can buy.

Is this supposed to carry any weight whatsoever? It just looks like some PR pics distributed to the press.

What am I missing?

Nah, it’s not a studio shot. It’s definitely live. Not clean enough or controlled enough to be a studio shot. That was taken during his performance with the Dave Matthews Band. Pretty standard concert shot, except the lighting is really funky making it look a bit two dimensional.

Photoshop wouldn’t tend to give him the glowing “hair” coming off the sleeve of his right arm. Angel lighting.