Is this real or a hoax? (Reparations with a 'revolutionary mass organisation')

Reparations

Are you white? Do you want to help? Do you want to be a good person, on the right side of history?

The only way you can wash the blood off your hands is through following the leadership of African, Indigenous, and Colonized people and paying reparations for all that’s been stolen in your name.

Right now, Black Hammer Organization is offering several ways to pay reparations:

1. Become a recruit of the Reparations Corps.

to give your skills, possessions, land, etc. as reparations.

https ://blackhammer.org/ reparations/

Modnote: I removed the links, otherwise this would effectively be a call to action.

My family didn’t emigrate to the US till the early 1900s - never owned slaves, never stole land. Are we exempt from this?

Oh. Sorry, that wasn’t what I intended at all!

But how can people tell whether it’s real or a spoof if I’m not allowed to link to it…?

I’ll add back in a broken link to the site. I don’t think we want any direct links from here. It’s kind of an odd situation.

Thanks, that seems fair.

As far as I can tell from googling, it appears to be a real organisation. But the Reparations thing reads like satire…

I don’t know when my parents emigrated but they graduated high school in 1945. Mom from Saskatchewan, Dad from Ireland.
Same question.

I have to agree, it looks more like a joke but who knows.

I’m also post slavery immigrant stock. So hopefully we’re clear too. :slight_smile:

It doesn’t appear to be a parody. The content appears to have been written by someone who once read a Cliffs Notes version of The Wretched of the Earth and went from there.

I don’t know who’s behind it, but it’s almost tailor-made for Tucker Carlson and his ilk to quote-mine and rant about.

I heard a podcast about DIY reparations (in Vermont) not long ago on Planet Money:

Yep. If this were mainstream thought, instead of a nutpick, then talking about blood on one’s hands directly contradicts the message that it is not about blood guilt.

I am white (Irish), but also half Mexican American of which I am 1/2 indigenous peoples from Mexico (so 1/4 total). Do I pay reparations to myself? Do I only have blood on one hand?

Yes, but it is probably your own blood. Something akin to an historical shaving accident perhaps?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Depends on which hand. The left is far more sinister.

Guess what? None of you are going to have to pay reparations. The existence of a cult’s website won’t change that fact.

If you want to fantasize amongst yourselves about possible scenarios of your victimhood, however, no one can stop you.

Bummer. I was all set to post about my white guilt and how this is a good thing.

I’m not sure what the question is. It’s a real website. Are you asking if it’s parody or not? Anyone can set up a website for whatever cause they want to, and it might be real or it might be parody.

This seems like nutpicking to me.

Anyway, I’m exempt, since my parents came over in the '50s, and on my mom’s side, they had fled the Nazis, so I should probably get some reparations from somewhere.