Is today going by slow or is it just me??

It’s only 3:30pm EST. Today is going by so SLOW. Someone help the clock speed up to 5!!!

Lost in time,
Princess

I think if anyone should have started this topic, it should have been me.

So c’mon, people, give me something to do to make the time go by faster!

Evidently it’s not just you, Princess. I know what I can blame my slow day on, though. I was supposed to be leaving for St. Louis…right about now. :frowning:

“…all the prettiest girls live in Des Moines…”
–Jack Kerouac, On the Road

I just walked down to the snack machine to get an afternoon snack. Dr Pepper and Combos.

la, la, la, la, la, oh how I wish the time would go by…

Oh Chris, I’m so sorry. What’s the hold up?

Well, I had to cancel…the CEO of my household (read: my husband) informed me a few weeks ago that there had been some financial mismanagement (read: he hadn’t balanced the checkbook in a long time) and that it wasn’t going to be possible to go on another road trip.

Even if I could go, I couldn’t. My transmission committed suicide the other day, so we’re one car short. I can’t leave the husband and the baby with no vehicle, obviously, so…here I am.

“…all the prettiest girls live in Des Moines…”
–Jack Kerouac, On the Road

Oh fine. You east coasters are complaining?!? It’s only 1:47 where I sit. I have another 3 HOURS AND 13 MINUTES to go until it’s the weekend!

Oops - make that 12 minutes…

That just sucks Chris! Well, I guess we can sit here and just be bored together! I have already ate my combos and now I’m just surfin the net and reading SD. Since it’s almost time to go home I don’t feel like starting anything, it can just wait until Monday. So I’ll sit here and wait for someone to either sign on AOL and chat with me or read more posts…

Okay, so now I don’t feel so bad. But we East coasters have been to work much longer than you today.

[ Almost an hour left ]

It’s not just you. Freaky, because I just thought to myself, “Man this day is going slo-o-o-o-w today!”

Seriously. Right before I saw the title to this thread.

2:58 P.M. CST or CDT in Minnesota.

Considering picking my nose.

<handing Canthearya a tissue>

geez, my post won’t even post!!!

[handing Canthearya a tissue]

Ha, we are closing an hour early today for the building Christmas party. Bye now, I gotta go get a couple of beers.

“There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.”
~P.J. O’Rourke~

And somebody actually “Hearts” that guy?

Whattajoik.

I get this same feeling EVERY Friday.

The odds that the bread will fall butter side down are directly proportional to the cost of the carpet.

My day felt like it should have been over about an hour ago, but I’ve still got an 55 minutes to go…sigh…plus I just found out the who’s running the Christmas party this year wants to charge for it even though it’s traditionally a pot luck…heavy sigh…and there’s a cold nasty rain coming down outside…blah.

~A friend will help you move. A best friend will help you move a body.~

Yankee, do you work down the hall from me? I changed our traditional potluck too. I’m tired of it. We’re having a pizza party and doing that goofy gift exchange thing where you steal from each other.

Now I feel bad.

We do that gift stealing schtick too. It’s a lot of fun - lots of booze, ugly candles, and squeaky toys get passed around. Considering our listed locations if I am down the hall from you, it’s a long freakin’ hall…
Feel bettewr, didn’t mean to bring you down. 40 minutes and counting…

~There is no statute of limitations on karma~

Eeek! A typo.Weird things have been going on with my posts today.

I dunno, guys, my days been going pretty fast. Got up at 9, watched Beetlejuice and Edward Scissorhands to write a paper, started writing, and realized that I was half-done with the paper and only half through the Beetlejuice stuff (it was a really easy paper, choose-your-own-topic, and I decided to do “color as a narrative device”) so I just did all 8 pages on Beetlejuice. Then it was 3:30, and I showered and got to my study group for my literature final. But almost nobody showed up, so we called it off, and here I am, getting my SDMB fix for the day. Gotta get something to eat soon, tho, I’m pretty hungry.