It is Father's Day

Todayis Father’s Day in Angola and a few other countries. The article suggests that we honor all “breeders” so I guess Ms DrumBum is taking me out to dinner. :slight_smile:

Well, if she was taking anybody else, she’d have some 'splainin to do.

Happy Father’s Day!

Happy Father’s Day!

What are you going to have for dinner? I’m hungry so I want to hear about food!

It with either be Nossa Sombra or Tamariz, depending on the weather. Nossa Sombra ( translation: “My Shade” ) is a nice seafood place in the city while Tamariz has pizza, burgers, and other simple fare, and is located on the beach. Our driver Benvindo has a 4 month old boy so we are going to celebrate with him and his family.

Happy Fathers Day to you!

(I vote seafood! …what?..I don’t get a vote?..dammit! )

I am fond of pizza and burgers, but either sounds wonderful. Enjoy your celebration!

You have a driver?? I wish I had a driver. I’d get so much more work done if I didn’t have to pay attention to the road.

HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!!

How bout an AMA about living in Angola, DrumBum? I’d love to hear about it.

The driver is both compulsory and quite valuable. Navigation is done primarily by visual landmarks since there are not many street signs, and the roads are not always in good shape. The drivers here have the Angolan equivalent of the UK taxicab drivers and their “Knowledge.”

I had to think for a second as to what “AMA” was but I guessed it would be an “Ask me about…” kind of thread. While I appreciate your interest and I would be glad to answer any questions you might have, I’m not sure there would be enough there to warrant a standalone thread.

happy father’s day to all those celebrating!!

Please please pretty please with bells on? Seeing I’ll be there soon (:eek:) I’ll be the one asking a million mundane questions!

And belated Happy Father’s Day!