It is Friday, what are you doing tonight?

Much laughter! This is the funniest thing I’ve read all day. Thank you.

As for me? Maybe a drink with friends at the Campbell Apartment, which is this semisecret oh-so-glam little bar in Grand Central Station. Maybe cards. Maybe putting the moves on the Fabulous Boyfriend. Maybe all of those things and Farscape! Farscape! Farscape!

What more could one want, that’s what I say.

ditto on the laundry. It’s in the washer now, should be done by 7:30. Then maybe pizza, a movie and a beer, and bed relatively early. I have to be up at the butt-crack of dawn tomorrow to drive to Rome (GA) to go to the damn bank. No there are no branches of my bank in Atlanta. Why don’t I change? Because I only need to go to an actual branch about once every six months, and that’s easier than changing.

Anyway, my night’s going to be boring.

Hanging out with the boyfriend and a couple of friends, watching Farscape and probably playing Settlers. Fun stuff.

Spent the day building a deck. Expect to find a single position that doesn’t require moving a muscle until late. Planned viewing of the movie ‘Pitch Black’ and then to bed.

And you thought your life was exciting.

Well, I’ve been packing all day in preparation for the Great Chicago Upheaval of 2002 (which means three dopers moving in one weekend), trying to keep my mind.

typo mna and Mr. Cynical are already over here, as is my roommate, VileOrb. Joey Hemlock, Dynosaur, tiggeril and maybe a few others are on their way. We’re going to walk down the street to a local watering hole and burn off a little steam, then come back to the NymVile household for more steam-burning.

Then we get up and whoever can still piece together a sentence has to help pack again. Then we do the whole thing again tomorrow night and again Sunday night. The crowd changes a little from evening to evening, but the culmination is that everyone gets booze, everyone gets to laugh, and boli, VileOrb and I all get moved into our new abodes.

I think it’s a good plan.

I’ve agreed to meet with an insurance salesman an hour from now, and at 8:00 I plan to go see the local production of Macbeth. In between, I’m going to be packing box after box and unpacking box after other box, because I’m moving three blocks up the street. AND, I’m going to be playing with my brand new telecope that arrived today, even if it IS overcast and even if I have to stay up way past my bedtime.

What am I doing tonight?

The same thing I do every night, Pinky: TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

They’re dinky, they’re Pinky and the brain Brain Brain Brain Brain…

Where’s it at, Aristides?

Avoiding successfully doing my homework assignment, I’ve got Wall Street Week on in the other room, boring since Louis left, and trying to understand what the hell ‘City of Lost Children’ is about…

Im gonna sit here on my ass all night because im grounded, or something. maybe i’ll rent movies.

maybe i’ll read the Straight Dope Message Boards all night

Maybe I’ll call one of my friends

Maybe I’ll cook something. I do that when im bored.

Maybe i’ll do all of these things.

I spent all day driving to Atlanta to see the SO. We’re going to geek out for a while, watch some tv, then, well, you know.

Hey, I only get to see him once a month! And besides, today is actually our 8 month anniversary, even if he doesn’t know it. (Which he doesn’t, but it’s ok.)

So, I deserve some love, right? :smiley:

Woohoo! I got a better offer! Cash for Junkers, one of our local honky-tonk/swing bands (this is Montana, we have several of them) are playing at a club downtown tonight, and I’m goin’ dancin’! And, and, one of the cuties from dance class (not the handkerchief-top-wearing one, but closer to my age, and quite the cutie nonetheless) may actually go! She might have been flirting with me during class, but I’ve learned not to read too much into stuff like that right away.

Anyhoo, the night is fraught with promise for fun!

Right now, I’m trying to figure out how to replace the belt in my vacuum cleaner.

I live an exciting life, don’t I?

Drinkin’ a beer in a hotel room in St. Louis readin’ the Dope. Duh!

Woohoo. Are you ready to P-A-R-T-Y!

Well, in about an hour, I will be helping reroute the power feeds in the server room.

Come on double time! :smiley:

Fridays used to involve going to the Crazy Horse (strip club) and getting all googly eyed at the pretty ladies when they brush my face with their boobs. Now that I’m broke, Friday nights are spent grumbling about friends bumming rides off me over a shot of whiskey.

shivering in post-orgasmic bliss, because i just finished watching the Farscape season 3 finale, and the LEXX series finale.

hey, i just noticed… there’s still no Farscape thread in Cafe Society!

THIS INJUSTICE SHALL BE CORRECTED!

Got it in one.

(Man, who took my good stuff and replaced it with 5 times as much total crap?)