It is fucking July. Take the goddam campaign stickers off your fucking car.

Nah…anything that gets the lefties frothing at the mouth is money well spent.

Personally I like when people leave their Bush/Cheney stickers on.

That way, I know who not to let merge, cross, pass through my lane, etc.

This reminds me of a house a bit down the road from me. Up until about May, they still had a Support Issue 1 sign in their front yard. (Issue 1 being the disgusting anti-gay marriage law that we passed here in Ohio) The sign was graced with a little paper-doll shaped boy and girl holding hands (protect our families!). One day on my way to work I noticed that overnight someone had used a marker to give the boy a skirt and long yellow curls. The girl was given a veil and a flower bouquet.
The sign was gone on my way home that afternoon.
I was amused.

What did Malcolm Reynolds say? Something like “It may have been the losing side. Still don’t think it was the wrong side.”

I think I’ll leave that Kerry sticker on, thankyewverymuch.

Whichever side you were on, 2004 represented a stark choice between competing views of where America should be going. This was not “OK, the Super Bowl’s over, and one team’s fans get to feel good for a few weeks, but it doesn’t really make any difference.” Whether you love or loathe the outcome, this one made a difference, and it was a difference that was and is quite important to partisans on both sides.

Given that reality, it’s silly to expect people to remove their bumper stickers as quickly as in a more typical year.

I’m a whole lot more excited and motivated by the prospect of an unkeyed car than I am that the driver next to me is of the same political persuasion.

I’m with RTA in adhering to the notion that campaign stickers are more often used as 3X9 scopes than anything else.

I just think bumper stickers look tacky. I’m all for pissing people off (lefties, centrists, righties, whatever), but I’m not putting bumper stickers on my vehicles.

Jeb Bush/Hillary Clinton 2008 stickers will just make you look like a tool, though.

Boy Moto, you’d really hate the “Vote Stephen A. Douglas” sticker on the back of my truck.

At least my “IMPEACH BUSH” sticker is still as relevant as ever. (Maybe someday the entire House of Representatives will be driving behind me.)

See, the thing is, my stickers are sort of overlapped…so if I pull off my Kerry sticker, then it might take the Gore sticker with it, and the Dukakis, and the Mondale, and the Carter, and lastly good ol’ Jerry Brown, and that one’s my favorite. Besides, the bumper on a VW bus isn’t engineered to take such abuse.

I think that would rather hip, myself. Where can I get a Jeb/Hillary 08 sticker?

This lefty would froth even more if instead of a Bush sticker, you got Bush himself. And I’d really be frothy if instead of the rear bumper, it was your front grill. Go ahead, froth me! :smiley:

It’s a good thinkg Mr. Moto doesn’t have to visit the parking garage of my Metro stop every morning. He’d die of apoplexy.

–Cliffy

Sounds like the stickers ARE the bumper.

What price superfluity?

Well, the two aren’t mutually exclusive. You can be a gun nut and a tree hugger at the same time. You just don’t believe in shooting whales.

I live here too. And I get the same experience when I go to the commuter lot every morning in Prince William County.

Why do you think I wrote this thread?

Didn’t you ever get a Clinton?

John Kerry, is dat you?

Dated campaign stickers still serve a purpose.

The Kerry stickers identify those folks smart enough to try and save the nation last November from the ever-growing cluster-fuckup we’re all embroiled in.

The Bush stickers identify those apologists still too clueless to recognize the ever-growing cluster-fuckup we’re all embroiled in.

In a few years, I suspect we’ll see neighborhood kids spend their summers by standing on street corners and taunting the folks with Bush stickers when they drive by. At least, before they get hauled off to the draft, anyway… :wink:

I didn’t, personally, but I’m not a zaftig brunette.

Oh save the whales
Oh save the whales
Oh save the whales
Oh save the whales
Oh save the whaaaaaaa-aaaales
And shoot the seals

(2 points for the reference)