It is fucking July. Take the goddam campaign stickers off your fucking car.

So lemme see if I’ve got this straight elucidator, you’re saying Republicans are the undead?
[sup]it explains soooo much[/sup]

I wonder how the democrats and independants fit into this scenario, and whether it would make a good movie or sumpin’

Aside from the Kerry sticker, I have only ever put one bumper sticker on a car, because I don’t approve of them. It was from Mad magazine and it said, “Bumper sticker.” It was so dumb I had to put it on a car, and also the car I was driving at the time needed something to help it stay together. The Mad bumper sticker probably outlasted the car by years.

But my current car came with a bunch of bumper stickers, and the Kerry one matched the other sentiments pretty well, so on it went. It’s hardly noticeable.

Someone did pull off one that said “Wild Utah.” I have no idea what that bumper sticker meant. Apparently some kind of hot button. They didn’t get it all the way off, so that’s where I put the Kerry sticker. (My husband threatened to put a Bush sticker on, for balance, but he never got around to it.)

Dunno about the undead. Its a documented fact that people rose from their grave to give Lyndon Johnson his Senatorial win in '48, by about 120 votes, leading to his nickname “Landslide Lyndon”

My mom says I’ve been a Republican since I was five. OK, that’s a wee bit of an exageration, but not by much.

What a sad world we live in, where children become Republicans - Republicans! - merely to rebel against their parents.

This one goes out to tdn: (tuning guitar:slight_smile:

Save the whales!
Hey, funky momma, save those whales.
Yeah, save the whales.
Save those big fat funky whales.
Save all the whales …
Shoot the seals!
Yeah, shoot them seals.
'Cause the seals eat all the fish.
Whoa, shoot the seals.
Let 'em know just how it feels.
And if you think I’m funky for wanting to shoot all the seals…
Save your breath!

-Cheech Marin, Nice Dreams

Should I remove my “Minnesota Twins” bumper sticker (a) after the baseball season, or (b) when they are eliminated from playoff contention? Or should I just wait until they’re contracted?

Issue’s a bit moot for me, since I’m about 90% bicycle, bus, or shank’s mare. But if I did:

Go Twins! And Take the Vikings with You!

Not quite. I didn’t know it at the time, but my mom’s a Republican, too. She did a excellent job of remaining unbiased, yet keeping us informed us of poltics. (Christ that sentence sucked ass.)

Hey, Jesus has been dead close on 1970 years and those damn fishes aren’t gone yet.

Wow. You get 12 points for that. 2 for getting the reference, and 10 for getting it right.

Good thing this isn’t GQ. You couldn’t post factually incorrect statements there and get away with it.

Do you mean Jesus is still alive (as per the Christian belief) or do you think the number is simply wrong?

Yes, good thing it isn’t GD either or we’d be treated to another one of your libertarian wankfest parables. Or maybe another of your freakouts and threats to leave the board.
Anyway, I feel like virtually banging my head off a wall for a good few posts. What exactly wasn’t factual in my amittedly shabby attempt at humour? Did Jesus not die roughly 1,970 years ago?

Mmm … frothy.

Ahh, the just-outside-of-Pittsburgh Democrat is such an odd duck, isn’t it?? Pro-union to the dying end, but fairly conservative leaning on most other issues, especially on hunting and gun rights.

Can we just have a rule to take ALL stickers off our cars? Frankly, I don’t really give a rat’s ass what your political affiliation is. I don’t give a whit whether you want to save the whales or unborn babies. Your son is #22 on the local pee wee team? Here’s a stat for you: NO ONE CARES.

I hate bumper stickers. (Hey! Now there’s one I could put on my car!)

'Round here, the trend is to never take the Christmas lights down.

I have to say that I chuckle everytime I see an old bumper sticker. It reminds us how some isues that seemed so immediate and so critical are now moot. Time to move on… Hey, that might be a good name for a PAC!!

I don’t think any law requires you to adorn your rear bumper with personal statements, but please explain why anyone would give a shit if other people do? Perhaps nobody cares if YOU specifically care. The necessity of self-expression for the world around you does not begin and end with you as audience.

I never had a bumper sticker before; it seemed presumptuous to impose my political beliefs on whomever happened to be driving behind me. But the past few years, I’ve just gotten so pissed off with the lying sack of shit untreated drug addict currently occupying the Oval Office that I felt the need to make an exception. (I think it might have been after I read yet another letter to the editor espousing the principle that any President who attacks another country immediately earns unquestioned dictator status.)

It’d certainly make it easier to deal with them, as we could all just play Ash in our own version of Army of Darkness… :wink:

[small]I kid, I kid![/small]