It Was 33 Years Ago Today

That Man first walked on the Moon. I just hope that its not another 33 years before someone else walks on the Moon again. And I hope that some of the original Apollo astronauts are still around when it does happen.

I don’t think anyone’s going back to the moon soon, though.

We know what we need to know, and that’s one hell of an expensive rock to travel to!

Yeah, but the views, the VIEWS!!

It wasn’t made of bloody cheese
:frowning:

egg

Depends on if Helium-3 is what is needed for fusion to work…the moon is a very nice place to mine it, and well, nothing like a profit to get people to work nice and hard and fast.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/07/10/1026185065069.html

I disagree. I think it is going to be used as a jump off point.

I agree with bernse. We need a jumping off base on the moon for extensive interspace exploration and travel.

I thought this was a Happy Birthday thread, just for me.

33 years ago today, I debuted on this planet.

The Moon’s roughly the size of Africa and 12 guys have wandered around an area the size of Cape Town for a couple of days. We don’t know diddly about the Moon.

Its also only expensive if you do it the way Apollo did it. Aldrin and a few other astronauts have worked out cheaper ways to get us back to the Moon. Now if we could get NASA or Bill Gates to pony up some dough…

Strangely enough, I woke up today thinking it was someone’s birthday, but after consulting my address book, I decided I was delusional. So it was you, then?

Happy Birthday!

http://www.stargazing.net/kevin/images/moon_plaque.jpg

(Nixon originally wanted the words “under God” after “We came in peace.” Sound familiar?)

Happy birthday, Dogzilla! Today, as it happens, is also my and Peta Tzunami’s 11th wedding anniversary. :slight_smile:

If “under God” had been on the plaque, I bet they’d send someone back up there to cover that up now.

Where is D. D. Harriman when you need him?

Sadly, he passed away in 1988, having never got to the Moon. :frowning: (R.I.P. R.A.H.)