Italian phrase help

My high school orchestra teacher was an Italian man who was an excellent teacher, but had a very short temper. When he got really angry he’d yell a phrase that sounded something like “dah bo SESS-a nahm BEEZ-a” . . . sometimes accompanied by a flying baton or music stand. (This was almost 50 years ago; teachers were allowed to be more expressive back then.)

Can any Italian speaker attach any meaning to this phrase?

da-son-of-a-bitch-a, which would sound like, dah-sonno-a-beacha

It’s likely a bastardization broken down over years/dialects/regions/languages/countries. Good luck!

For example, just yelling “Ahhh JESUS CHRIST!” would come out like “AH JEZZAH GREESTAH!”.

That SESS-a sounds like cessa, which would mean “cease” or "stop it! He was probably telling you to quit doing something.

Nope. There don’t seem to be any Italian words in there.

And, no, “sessa” does not sound like the Italian word “cessa” (which is pronounced “chess a”).

Boy From Mars says 50 years ago there was no ‘Italian’ - more than likely this was a dialect specific to one region. If you knew which region he was from, that might make it easier to determine. He can’t make any sense of it as it stands.

Sorry, but this just isn’t correct. The Italian language is a lot older than 50 years. And dialects are not just regional. They can differ from town to town, even between neighborhoods.

I am not a fluent Italian speaker but I know some. The closest thing I can come up with (but have not heard anyone say) is, “Cessa nel nome di Dio”, or “Stop, in the name of God.” It would be pronounced roughly as “CHASE-ah nell NO-may dee DEE-oh.” Which isn’t that close anyway.

“da” can mean from or since.
“bo” is not a proper word, but sometimes used as slang for “I don’t know” the way an American might shrug shoulders and say, “Dunno.” Doesn’t seem to fit here, though.
SESS-a is not a word, but “cessa” means “he stops” or a command to stop, as mentioned by Nathan S, though I would pronounce as I rendered above.
“nahm” isn’t a word but is close to nome (name), pronounced as above. Some dialects (Sicilian?) may drop the final vowel, especially when followed by a preposition as above.
BEEZ-a would transliterate to “bisa” which doesn’t seem to be a word and I have nothing close to offer.