It's been a year...as of yesterday.

It’s been a year since my husband Jesse’s (gurujulp) death. Wow.
And I made it. We made it.

I survived. :slight_smile:

Yesterday was the actual anniversary and it really wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I took three days off work. We went to the zoo yesterday and had a great time.

It has been an emotional year, but I know we’ll make it just fine. It has also been a year that showed me how much we are loved and supported by family and friends, and even strangers sometimes.

The girls are doing well. Our older daughter will be 11 years old soon and our younger daughter is 15 months old.

I am also in the process of moving out of the house that we once shared together and we will be in a new house on April 1st. Moving out will be good for all of us, I think. I am looking forward to starting afresh, in a new space, with new energy. And I will always carry him with me wherever I go.

I remember all the support and kindness I received when I announced his death here. And I have stayed in contact with some of you on an ongoing basis after that.

So this is me…sharing some happy, positive, moving on news.

I’m so glad for you. :slight_smile:

I’m glad to hear you’re doing so well, Stendhal Syndrome. Congratulations on your strength and good luck with your move.

You’re gonna be just fine, hon. I knew you would be :slight_smile:

The second year is easier.

I’m glad that you and your family have healed, and hope that you continue to do so.

:slight_smile:

I’ve thought about you and your family from time to time, thank you for posting.

Thank you for sharing this. He will always be with you, no matter what life brings.

I’m glad things are going so well for you. It’s a very difficult time, but sounds like you’re moving on. Doesn’t mean you’re forgetting him and the good times, just moving on.

I know it sounds trite, but a big thankyou for sharing. Those weeks and months (and sometimes years) after the death of a spouse can be really fucking awful, but you made it.

kam

:slight_smile:

I remember your posts. They were very loving, through the tears. I’m glad that the good you all shared continues on in your life.

Good for you. Glad you can move forward. :slight_smile:

Thanks for letting us know – I do think about you and your girls from time to time and wonder how that’s going.

I was touched by your thread last year. I am glad you and your kids are doing alright. Thanks for the update.

You have remained in my thoughts.

Thank you for sharing. May your life continue to brighten.

Your story has stuck with me during the past year, and I, like others here, have thought of you and your kids from time to time. Glad to hear things are brighter for you these days!

Lovely news, and thank for letting us know. Hugs to you and your girls!

Well done, Stendhal. He would expect no less of you I am sure.

Thank you all.

There are people in the house right now…future tenants…doing a walk through.
And all of a sudden I just got a bit emotional walking through the house with them and into all the rooms, especially the bedroom.

It is strange how things/situations that I don’t expect to stir emotions in me, eventually just end up having me all teary eyed.