It's been nearly six months, TubaDiva, where is the "more better stuff" you promised?

[QUOTE=rayh]
I was going for something on the lines of “hamper”, as in a large basket or wickerwork receptacle, usually with a cover: picnic hamper; clothes hamper.
[/QUOTE]

Picnic hamper? Must be a Britishism. I’ve never heard of a picnic basket referred to as a hamper. Clothing, yes. Food, no.

[QUOTE=glee]
Jerry has said what he intends to do, answered my e-mail promptly and been courteous throughout.
I’m happy with him so far!
[/QUOTE]

Do I need to buy a new hat?

Picnic Hamper

[QUOTE=Una Persson]
So what version is used? AFAIK the version hasn’t been published. Version 3.22 is something like 6 years obsolete, so I doubt more than a handful of active sites are running it. But even version 3.23 with its larger table size can’t even be used with the latest version of vBulletin (which requires something above 4.0, according to the currently-unresponsive vBulletin.com).

If they’re still using version 3.22, then I agree that’s a serious problem.
[/QUOTE]

If the blurb down at the bottom of the page can be trusted, then they’re using 3.0.7. I’m not sure if that is accurate, however.

Una was, I believe, talking about mysql versions, not vBulletin versions.

[QUOTE=jdavis]
A new server was ordered the middle of last week and is probably in my office awaiting my return from vacation on Monday. The process is in place to improve the performance of the SDMB.
[/QUOTE]

For the geeks among us, can you share the specs? Thanks!

[QUOTE=Sleel]
If the blurb down at the bottom of the page can be trusted, then they’re using 3.0.7. I’m not sure if that is accurate, however.
[/QUOTE]

That’s vBulletin 3.0.7. not MySQL 3.0.7. vBulletin is now at version 3.6.2; the SDMB is two major releases behind.

FWIW, vBulletin has been known to be prone to load problems with some kernels of CentOS Linux, which is quite popular on Web servers.

[QUOTE=OpalCat]
Una was, I believe, talking about mysql versions, not vBulletin versions.
[/QUOTE]

Whoops, bad parsing on my part.

To answer a post in a different thread, I was on the Algeria.com forums. They’re at vBulletin 3.5.4.