[QUOTE=Una Persson]
And as a poster, you are out of line here. Criticising a paying member in good standing for using their paid account to post?
Paying customers in good standing are a revenue stream to the Chicago Reader. They are a revenue stream via their subscriptions, by contributing to the SDMB attractiveness via productive posts, and by bringing other paying members here through personal interaction.
I would hope that the Reader would want an atmosphere which fosters a continued or even increased revenue stream. I know for a fact that NoClueBoy has not only helped keep paying customers here, he has brought paying customers to the SDMB.
NoClueBoy and people like him are part of the solution. The long term solution of having a viable community of paying members who maintain and even increase both the good name and the revenue stream of the Chicago Reader.
I stand behind the goal of a viable, thriving SDMB community, built on the principles of the Straight Dope by Cecil Adams, and a viable and thriving Chicago Reader business model resulting from a positive and thriving SDMB community which can somehow return to being the place to be on the net. Anyone that knows me knows that is true, and that’s why I’m posting this.
[/QUOTE]
Hey! At least I didn’t say he was a transgendered prolific poster. 
Let me apologize to NoClueBoy for a seemingly hard-assed comment. I only meant it in the context of poor JDavis having to deal with a full-time+ job at the Chicago Reader and work on this board in his spare time. And, apparently, his only viable solution was to start deleting posts. Old ones. As needed to keep the African Queen chugging along. [Can’t you just envision Jerry hitting the server with a monkey wrench?]
So, this complaining thread, like many others, revolves around Jerry having to get rid of older posts. And let me state here and now, that I probably value those posts from the first year or two more than anyone on this board. I doubt anyone could need/use them more than I. So this sucks for me in a big way.
But, you does what you have to do to keep the old boat afloat. And that’s when I read NoClueBoy’s post. And noticed his post count. And his join date. Given the general topic of the thread, I may have read too much into his post.
Now that I"ve spent an hour, gone back and read hundreds of his posts to this board, I have no complaint specifically about him or his posts. He’s a good guy.
If I’m guilty of something, it’s reading another complaining thread, and focusing on an easy target who didn’t deserve it. Mea culpa.
Again, these observations of mine are done as a poster, not as a moderator. I used to have pretty strong feeling before I became a moderator. I got warned at least three times as a poster… You could search for it… 