It's equinox time again in the MMP!

nellie, oatmeal raisin cookies with more brown sugar than white are my favorites. I may be an outlier, but the only thing that I might add to them are a handful of chopped walnuts or pecans.

Moooooooom, I’m a bit spoiled for bay leaves. Sis in Texas has a bay tree in her backyard and brings about a year’s worth to me when they’re harvested. I had never seen bay leaves so green in my life until she began bringing them to me.

Supper’s made and et (chicken tangine, Moroccan carrots and a Mediterranean cucumber salad) and KP is done. I’ll be hitting the hay in another hour + to get up at 0stupid thirty tomorrow.

From what I’m hearing, there may be a turkey shortage by Thanksgiving. You might want to get more now.

No gin, no turkeys, no ramen? This timeline sucks. Somebody go back in time and stomp a couple of more butterflies. :butterfly:

What worries me is what they might have already prevented, but gotten this in exchange.

I tried the TJ’s low-carb pizza crusts again tonight. This time I used the perforated pizza pan, and pre-baked the crusts. They were much more stable this time. There are two individual-sized crusts per package. I made one with TJ’s pizza sauce, Tillamook thick-shredded mozzarella, and TJ’s pepperoni. The other one was TJ’s pizza sauce, TJ’s fresh slicked mozzarella, and fresh basil. There was only technically enough fresh mozz for the Margherita pizza, and too much shredded mozz for the pepperoni. So I put some of the shredded cheese on the former – plus a lot more basil than I used last time. The results were good, and The Missus and I had half of each one. Four grams carbohydrates per crust.

I had me my scrambled eggs!

For someone who usually barely eats, having two breakfasts, a lunch, and dinner is simply unheard of.
(Dangling participle be damned.)

I simply cannot wrap my head around this … um … “food?”

Concur. I’ve seen a meme (and possibly a t-shirt) that says, “Oatmeal raisin cookies give me trust issues.”
I feel that statement in the core of my soul.

… and then proceeded to tell a tale that had us all hangin’ … complete with a cliffhanger, and a satisfying ending!

Do post more, as you can.

Hell, I find my own rats boring most days. Then I come here and everyone is like, “Oooh, ratties!”

We all lead such different lives from each other. It’s fun to get a glimpse into what constitutes “mundane daily life.”

You gotta post that in the “jokes” thread. That was hilarious!
(I told the joke aloud to my cats.)

Shit, I think there’s a turkey breast taking up space in my freezer, too.
Swampy we could have a turkey race!

For the first time in the almost 14 years I’ve had her, I saw Nikki use the great outdoors as her litter box.
She always runs inside to poop, and/or puke on the floor, then saunters back outside.

Believe me, she got praised to the heavens!

What else? The biiiiiiiiiiiiig trash bin is at the curb, awaiting the noisy Monday morning truck.

I swung by the Gettin’ Store for fresh milk, and since Halloween is coming up, and since I want cereal (and since I’m secretly 8 years old at heart) there’s now a box of Count Chocula and another of Boo Berry awaiting me. :smiley:
Wasn’t on the list, but hey - no sense waiting till they run out!

Alright, off to fix some dinner. Pot roast was heavy, so I want something light tonight as a contrast. Possibly will open a can of sardines, as I have a few more fresh lemons, and { checks pantry } yup, crackers.

Done. Did the cats laugh?

Evening all. Skipped mowage this morning to go for my early Meatloaf dinner at Logan’s Roadhouse (was quite good, but I hate that they have gone to waffle fries), then watched the Cleveland Browns win (old N. Ohioan here) and finally did mow the lawn. No rain expected this week, so may have to get the sprinkler deployed for the first time this summer. Dinner will be whatever I feel like getting out of the refrigerator.

Seanette, nellie, Pizza was never a big thing in my house, my parents were born in 1908 and 1917, so for them growing up pizza was not a big thing–my mom cooked most of our meals at home, we didn’t eat out all that much. lus I’ve never developed a taste for tomato paste–tomatoes, yes, they go one every sammich and salad, but turned into paste and baked–just doesn’t appeal to me.

BBBoo, I’ve been there but with no extra key, was lucky enough to find an open window I could climb in (no one reported at break-in, thankfully). That was 12 or so years ago, now I leave a spare key with my neighbors. And I’ll be eligible for my Pfizer booster in October, will start planning on getting it (and the seasonal flu shot).

OK, need to watch a little more tackleball and find something for dinner besides Saltines and a Pepsi. All y’all have a great night and I’ll catch you on the next MMP.

Usually my housemate is in her bedroom when I lock myself out~she’s on her first trip ever to California. I consider myself lucky that I had my phone in hand, since I don’t think I remember my daughter’s phone number after a decade of smartphones dialing for me. I think I will ask a neighbor if I can hide a key in their yard, so as to confuse potential thieves. All but one of my windows is too far off the ground to crawl through and the only one that wasn’t was very locked. I may try salting a key with another friend or two, just to offset my bonked brain farts. Plus always have my phone more charged than I did~that vanishing battery charge was unnerving!

My pharmacy will do both the flu shot and a Covid vaccine at the same visit so you should be good. Just don’t wait too far into October. Hospital beds for bad flu cases are going to be hard to come by.

Tomorrow I donate platelets at my local blood bank~they are desperate. I’m closing in on 44 gallons donated.

I wouldn’t say my life is interesting. It’s more like mostly sunny with occasional hail. And don’t forget the “Mundane” and “Pointless” part of MPSIMS.

Hah! I don’t. Mooooom does enough for everybody.

And hey, make sure you really trust those neighbors and can access the spare key when they’re not home. Wasn’t there a thread on good hiding places? I used to keep a spare key in the garage (when I had a garage), labeled “Room ____ (spare)” (my classroom). I guess it worked. When someone broke into my house, they smashed a hole through my solid-core wooden door.

Did I not mention the walnuts? Doh! Actually, pecans are even better, but too pricey for the likes of me.

See, that’s why I use craisins. Also chocolate chips. But I also swap out some of the regular flour in tollhouse cookies for some oat flour, so all my cookies have identity crises.

How do they do that? Carry tiny placards? Put expletive-laden complaints in the suggestion box? :slight_smile: Mine just whir. They don’t even say, “Thank you.”

This one tried (and failed) to get a drink and got all up in my grill sounding like a miniature Yosemite Sam.

Awww. I miss being scolded by hummingbirds. Always made me laugh.

“You weigh, what, a couple of grams? Bitch, my thumb is bigger than you!”

… and yet, I always dutifully allowed myself to be herded back into the kitchen, to fix another batch of fresh sugar-water.

Just because the shiny-jewel bird yelled at me.

Humans iz weird.

Well, I for one, want to know more. What fishies? Goldfish? Oscars? SHARKS?!?!

Please tell me it’s sharks, with lasers on their heads.

We need info on the 3 kitties, of course, and their hijinks. I’m sure they’ve done silly things since Roomie went away.

“When the cat’s away, the mice will play.” When their owner is gone, what do the cats do? (Besides sleep and shit, of course.)

Technically I own the 3 cats~they were here when she moved in. One Siamese and two brown tabby feral rescues. The boy tabby has attached to her as being her kitty and he seems to miss her, I haven’t seen much of him. I think he’s crawled into my lap once, when Harriet was FaceTiming me, drawn by the sound of her voice. His sister is probably clueless, she usually is. The Siamese tries to sneak into her room when I go in to feed the fish but otherwise seems to understand that she needs to get her minimum daily requirement of human devotion from me, her favorite person is inexplicably unavailable. Her favorite person plays aquarium and bird feeder videos on her huge computer monitor for her enjoyment, I do not. The Siamese will revert to her attention whore ways the hour Tiffany steps back into the house. For now she has to make do with me.

One fish is a crimson tail tetra, about the size of a quarter. The other is the same shape but all silver and slightly bigger, like a silver dollar. One is named Sil, the other Crim. She has a big plant in with them. I just pray they are all alive when she gets off the plane.

Sounds like a typical 'Meezer!

:slight_smile:

I’m sure they’ll survive just fine. Fishie #1 and Fishie #2 as well. :fish: :tropical_fish:

Okay, I have consumed a stinky but lightweight dinner: sardines, crackers, and ALL the fixin’s (capers, cream cheese, two OTHER cheeses, avocado, onion) plus a bit of sausage in case anyone thought I wasn’t a carnivore anymore … oh, and some Go-chu-jang sauce, which I highly recommend.
It’s basically Korean ketchup. Got a sweet tang to it that’s addictive but hard to describe.

Lord, even I wouldn’t kiss me right now. Still … soooo satisfying.

There are only a few advantages to living alone. One is belching/farting whenever, wherever … and another is the freedom to eat stinky foods to one’s heart’s wild abandon.

Okay, I gotta brush my teeth. Hard. Maybe twice. Only thing missing tonight was garlic.

(… dammit. Now I want roasted garlic!)

oh, thank god the weekend iz over cause it gave me a headache …

Uncle called Thursday to warn us of his mental case (she has so many problems that’s the easiest way to describe her) former SO who he’s still somewhat friends was coming up to go out with my aunt for a girl’s night out…

Now its too early to be up on a saturday and I’m barely awake when aunt starts deciding since its golden child day mentioned below we need to clean up the house since we didn’t do much during the week …but there’s a catch she wants it all done in 30 minutes or less which ain’t happening for me … so I hear bitching about what a lazy ass I am (which I admit I am )

which pisses me off because the only reason she cares at that moment is the golden ones might be by to drop off nephew because Saturday is nephew/grandson spends the day/night here

While this argument was going on because the guest found out my uncle was going to be here a few days so he could check on his house he bought in the area so the guest was waffling between waiting for him then we get a call and find out she decided to call my aunt when she was on the outside of town and ask for directions to the house …

so Aunts’ DIL whose normal operating procedure when not working is hungover/legally drunk brings nephew over about 20 minutes after she and DIL arrives and they decided t start day drinking so aunt is drying to drink at least as possible …by 2 pm me and nephew have a headache cause its endless jabbering between her smoking a whole pack cigarettes in an hour in a half and its decided lunch is needed and space cadet remembers we ordered crazy ottos last time she was here and they have huge salads and she offers to pay

Fine I say ill get it delivered well due to a door dash quirk I have to have to call it in and have picked up I mention this a few times

So when the order is ready and I say we can pick it up since I thought guest and co would pick it up … the guest looks at me all bleary-eyed " oh I can’t go get it because I think I ate too much of my MJ edible on the way here " and stiffs my aunt for 70 bucks for lunch
And since the guest has a new captive audience we get a rehash of the story of her poor life … which me and aunt know is exaggerated to no end

After that guest and dil drink more to the point that aunts son has to scoop up wife and take her home with plans to meet at the watering hole later it it’s now 4:30/5 pm and the guest decides she doesn’t want to be out too late so her and aunt decide to go up to the bar around 6 because guest decided she wanted to take a shower which 10 minutes after that she decided just to change shirts and go

Probleme with that is because of the earlier cleaning argument she wasn’t dressed for the public =… and my aunt never just goes somewhere on the fly shed “gets ready” which takes however long she wants it to take …Well apparently edible wears off and she didn’t take her anxiety medicine because every 5 minutes it was “is she ready? where is she? what’s taking so long”

Aunt comes out and says DIL is meeting them up at the bar and off they go and we get a few hour’s peace… Well its 9:30 pm and the guest managed to not only to eat another whole edible and get stoned out of her mind but down 6-8 shots of fireball whiskey which is pretty much super hot tamale candy melted in a bottle of 90 proof whiskey

So shes done by 9 o clock I get a call to order an uber here for her and she so bombed she has the driver stop at the wrong house at the end of our cul de sac and she ended up stumbling home from 5 houses down

she comes in and immediately turns off the living room light on me and nephew tries to have a very inane and slurred convo with us complaining about my waiting to eat cats who are doing their usual howling for dinner … dinner is always served at 10 or later the howling and begging begins at 8 or whenever it gets dark whichever happens first I say " they eat at 10 so ya got 15 minutes" she huffs a bit passes out snoring loudly waking up every 20 minutes to use the restroom at this point I make a joke about me needing vodka and 11-year-old nephew says " I wouldn’t blame ya if ay did "

Aunt and DIL are having bonding time with other friends and relatives who decided to stop by the tavern now they drop her off at 2 when the bar closed and I get to hear for 45 minutes what a pain-in-the-ass guest was since she had gotten high as a kite …

No one else gets to bed until about 3 am uncle called from work to see how things were going and we didn’t get off the phone until 3:30 because the guest was flushing the toilet every 20 minutes or so I watch a couple of short videos on the tablet and tried to pass out and slept wrong so I was awakened by a caphocophny of sounds and guest dithering around because praise Jesus she decides to go home a day early … So breakfast is had she leaves and nephew is picked up by parents to decide to bring their dogs and chit chat for an hour

I didn’t get to take a nap until 3 pm,… and my head hurts but I survived lol

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to heave.

nellie, holy crap that’s a day and a half for you.

The last time I locked myself out of the house, I bought a lockbox and put it on the back door (with a spare key in it). The combo is my “nephew’s” birthday, which no one would think of or know other than me or his parents. I haven’t needed it since I bought it — 5-6 years ago — but I really like knowing it’s there just in case. I plan to use it wherever I live from now on.

I’ve got a detached garage, so I keep a spare key to the house in there. Not sure it’s really necessary, since if I’m in the truck, I’ve got my keys, and I don’t usually leave the house without the truck. But it makes me feel better knowing it’s there.

Howdy. Will someone kindly link the current MMP?