It's equinox time again in the MMP!

Good morning everyone.

Happy belated, Oopsie. I’m glad you had a nice day.

I took a peek at work email on my work phone yesterday, so I know today will be a bear. Given the fact that I need to cut out around noon for my drive to Yakima, it’s going to be a really BIG bear of a day. Here’s hoping that people actually did some of the stuff that needed doing NOW while I was out. Otherwise, they’ll just have to deal with my timetable. I can’t do everything and I can’t be working and driving at the same time.

I got nothing done yesterday except the dishes and some general tidying. Other than that, it was a day of sloth and Netflix binging. I watched a new Korean Netflix series yesterday. Boy, was that a dark show. I enjoyed it, though.

I’m going to miss my Polar and I know he’ll miss me. I really wish I could just come back tomorrow, but I know the furniture installation and junk hauling won’t be done that quickly.

Well, I should scout out WSDOT and see if I can take my preferred route versus the route I was going to take to avoid the mega fire near Naches.

Afternoon, mumpers! It’s gloriously sunny over here in the (not)Wet Midlands and I have been out for a quick walk to the card shop as I needed a birthday card for an upcoming 60th, and also a thank you card for my Art History minion who is leaving at the end of the week. I won’t see her after today, and although I’ve done an online thankbox for her, I wanted to get her a personal card too.

Moooooom thank you so much for the tour of FairyChatEstates! I knew how much land you’ve got, and have seen various pics of bits and pieces of the estate but never really been able to visualise how it all looks. It was a lovely bit of filming, Mr Deere is rather noisy though, ear defenders are definitely very necessary, and it was quite a bumpy ride in places. I didn’t realise you had so much woodland too, that would make a fabulous place for the grandkids to explore when they’re older.

Sunny you’d be surprised how many times we get told that Christmas is cancelled. Usually it’s some stupidity in the tabloids about not being able to say “Merry Christmas” or have that on the xmas lights in town for fear of upsetting the Muslims. My Muslim friends don’t give a stuff about it, some of them love xmas as much as the next non-Muslim! There’s a small but very vocal subset that likes to shout about how the furriners are taking over, stealing our jobs, abolishing our customs etc. We refer to them as “Gammons”, or brexit voters. Sadly, they almost always get some coverage from a certain group of newspapers, although the vast majority of us simply point and laugh at them.

Another busy day on campus, I was here early because I’d got vacancy shortlisting to finish so that’s done now, already had three meetings, and one more to go this afternoon. I should probably be showing my face at the departmental welcome meeting for new students but I’m having a lunch break instead.

I just finished cleaning both bathrooms, but I’ll need to put everything back once the floor is dry. And I ran the damp mop down the main traffic area of the kitchen - not motivated enough to remove everything and do a proper job of it. I’ll save that for another day.

Definitely more than half of our lot is wooded - not sure if it’s quite 2 acres, but we deliberately let it go wild. The previous owners used to rake and prune that part of the yard - but they were old and apparently insane. :crazy_face:

FCD wants to build a go-cart of sorts so Roxy and eventually her brother can go driving along that path. What could possibly go wrong with that plan?? :open_mouth:

Sounds to me like they wallow in being offended about one thing or another. Charming folk, no?

Taters - safe travels!! Beware of crazies on the road!

I think it’s a good time to continue the edging around the almost-finished afghan. Plus I can continue watching Pride and Prejudice for the gazillionth time. I do love me some Jane Austen!

Morning all. Raining again, every day since Saturday has had rain of some sort, but according to the Weather Wizards, it’s supposed to start drying up this afternoon, so maybe soccer gets played this Saturday. Need to do a little banking as I’m down to $2.37 in my pocket, but outside of that nothing major on the agenda.

Taters, safe travels.

FCM, hope FCD doesn’t overdo…

nellie, it actually has been a pretty dry fall for around here, we’ve played all our games and held 90% of the practices in the last month, so we were overdo for a monsoon season. Just hope it’s over with now.

VanGo, hope all the work gets done when the client’s need it. Such is life as a private contractor.

OK, need to get dressed and get the banking done early. All y’all take care.

Yeah, right. Mr. Take-Care-Of-Himself… :roll_eyes: He’s now talking about not having the other knee done since it’s not hurting.

Happy Hump Day!

Rainy morning. I went to the park early, then decided to skip daycare today.
I have a lot to do but I suspect as lazy as I’ve been, not much of it will get done.

I went on a walk this morning between the kids leaving & work starting. I’m so glad I did. It’s chilly but bright and I got to listen to a podcast, which was a nicer way to start the morning than sitting in a chair, scrolling through my phone.

Yesterday was a hot mess at work, but it was also my mom’s birthday. We had takeout from one of her favorite restaurants and I made a passable but not fabulous devil’s food cake. Apparently it reminded her of her grandmother’s cakes that she used to make for her as a kid, so I’ll take that.

Work is already proving stupid today, both because of the announcement yesterday and general hot messiness. There’s no end in sight. Glad I’m in the same boat as the Mumpers - I hope you were able to fall asleep quickly, sunny, counting your desks. At my company, you know something’s wrong if they don’t reorganize about every six to nine months. It gets exhausting 'cause everybody’s on heightened alert wondering what’s going to happen about four to six months of the year. I usually just pull up a seat and get the popcorn.

I keep forgetting to friend more people in this thread on facebook. I’m a slothful Doper indeed.

You have no idea. I hurt in muscles I didn’t know I owned.

I’m … here. Also going in to work in a few minutes, to cover for someone who’s feeling even more poorly.

It’ll make up for the missed shift, money-wise. I just need to power through how weak I feel. My arms, especially, really hurt.

ETA: the Mitten State is cool and rainy. This makes me less unhappy.

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to heave. It’s raining, so it will be a chore to get “Princess Pretty Paws” out.

I’ll put that on my bucket list for my “Weird Attraction/Dive Bar Tour of America”

BatBoy, glad you were just shaken, and not stirred.

Groove, hope the radiation side effects stay on the not too horrible side.

:arrow_up_small: The pre work post that got hung in limbo
:arrow_down_small: The post work post that (hopefully) doesn’t end up inj Limbo.
So SSLAW 2 crapped out. So that was a mess. Plus with the rain, the humidity on the dumping platform hit 1000%. And the loading at door 128 was FUBAR. Boy am I ready for naptime

Don’t overdo it, shoe.

BatBoy I track quakes for reasons. I saw a notice about that one. I’m glad most things seem to be ok.

VanGo I hope the client woes get sorted satisfactorily to all.

Taters I hope that work is better than you fear.

BooFae we get some of that here too. “The war on Christmas” is ridiculous. Can’t say “Seasons Greetings” because it’s somehow an attack on the holiday. I try to just ignore them and the stores that have already started selling Christmas items.

We had goats when we had the rural property. We were too busy (roll with it) to deal with the brush, but the goats were happy to do it for us. The area burned last year, but not our former house. :slight_smile:

shoe take care and I hope you feel better soon.

We’ve had some big pressure swings in the last week and apparently my body has decided to say “that’s it - we’re closed.” I feel very muddle headed. I keep hoping it’ll clear up so I can get a few things done, but no signs of it yet. If my head we’re a bit clearer, I’d feel irritated that I’m not doing things. Oh well.

I think I’ll do pork roast tonight. I can shove it in the oven and achieve a meal relatively easily.

Pixel update. He had his check up yesterday. His kidney numbers are almost all back to normal - yay!. His heart looks better than expected - yay! His liver looks worse - boo! We’re starting him on a few medications to support his heart and his liver and we’ll see how it goes. The vet said something good fail any moment, and we’d lose him or we could stabilize and go on like this for a while. Fingers crossed for the latter.

We do not own a 3D printer. DH assures me he has not been browsing anything related to them on Amazon, and I definitely have not.

Why are they obsessed with trying to sell me 3D printer filament lately?

Interesting - so it’s not necessarily my account that’s doing weird stuff??

I finished one afghan, then started another. I can knit for about an hour till I have to take Higgs to the groomer. Dunno what we’ll do about supper, tho. I didn’t thaw anything. Mebbe takeout?

Higgs is at the groomer. It was pouring when we left, but the sun was out when I got home. Now it’s overcast again. I think more rain is on the way.

FCD doesn’t want supper, so I’ll probably open a can of soup for me. After I retrieve the dog, probably in half an hour or so.

sunny and metal mouse, if you make a field trip to Fairmount, IN, you can visit the grave of James Dean. Jim Davis, creator of Garfield, also grew up there.

Glad you came through the earthquake unscathed bat boy.

Yay for Pixel’s good numbers!

Irked, came home, walked Nelson and had a leftover bowl creation for supper (leftover rice seasoned with garlic, a zucchini that needed to be used up, topped by two aigs and some chili sauce).

It was very autumnal today and I’ll pull out jeans and a long sleeved top tomorrow (supposed to get down to 40F :open_mouth: overnight and land in the sixties tomorrow). After that, it should be back up to the low eighties for the weekend.

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

[quote=“The_Stainless_Steel_Rat, post:51, topic:950982”]
Fall Break here in Ali-bama goes from 4-8 October with the schools closed and some folks use it as a late-season getaway[/quote]

in the old days that’s when the cotton-picking season was … so the kids got time off a

you can buy them premade … there called “power wheels”

Up, and having a sazarac. It has continued raining off and on. I still feel tired after my nap.

Pfffft. Power Wheels don’t have the power to weight ratio of an F1 car. The Roxmobile Z900 will. :wink:

Yay for Pixel’s numbers!

Howdy Y’all! Stuff got done, provisions were procured, and sup got cooked and et. A very bzzzy day for us two retired drains on society. We did achieve nappage, however. Wouldn’t want y’all to worry about that. It rained a little between eleven and one and was N.O.S. for the rest of the day. I did see one sign of Fall, a flock of geese flyin’ south. They were goin’ southwest like toward Panama City, Flahrduh. I guess some geese like to Winter in the Redneck Riviera.

Sunny yay for the good Pixel numbers. ::skritches:: for Pixel!

Groove here’s hopin’ for continued not too awful radiation side effects.

VanGo hope everything went OK with the client.

Taters safe travels, though you’re probably there by now.

I like the religious part of Christmas, i.e. Christmas Eve services. The rest of it I can do without. OK, I like the big eats, so that can stay.

shades another sign of Fall in these parts is the bits of cotton on the sides of the roads as cotton is transported to be ginned. We call that south Jawja snow.

Evening all. Soccer was called off as I predicted, even if the rain stopped around 11am. Now we’ll see if the fields are open for Thorsday. Did do some paperwork and took a nice hot bath (which led to nappage as it usually does), but that’s about all. The BLT’s are happily assimilating in my stomach and it’s getting dark out, so nothing much else is planned.

It’s supposed to go down to 48F so another night with the AC off and the windows open. Yeah!

shady, yep, even though this area is 90% suburbia (the cotton fields are disappearing as houses are built ever wider) they still take the week off.

Sunny, good news for Pixel, hope the liver does better.

talky, a happy B-day for your Mom-unit.

Well, there’s always the ball-peen hammer in the shop…

OK, need to put the dishes in the washer (probably need to run it Thorsday or Firday) and get around to readin’ and internettin’. All y’all take care.

We tried the low-carb 60% cauliflower pizza crusts from Trader Joe’s tonight. They come two individual-size crusts per package. I made one margherita (with some cheddar as well, because SWMBO wanted it), and one pepperoni. They tasted good, but The Missus had to eat hers with a fork. I folded mine.