It's equinox time again in the MMP!

Happy Birthday Nellie and Oopsie!

I wished Butters a Happy on the book of faces.

Nothing else to report from here. I may be back later, or not.

Ta!

Nice rain over the weekend, and the first of any significance since last March. Back up to 83 today, which will give the tomatoes a last week of good growing temps. We’re drowning in them at this point.

We’re waiting on the latest guidance on the covid booster to see if we’ll get it this week or have to wait a couple of months.

Finished making the new cedar herb planter boxes. The old plywood ones just didn’t hold up well to the winter rains, although we got several years out of them before delamination set in.

Got rid of two not-so-good rental neighbors. The lone woman was, I believe, schizophrenic. The couple across the street were just rather odd, and the male half used to get drunk with his brother and then they’d start knocking each other around. Glad they’re gone.

You should consider yourself lucky to have gotten the free entertainment! The kids across the street don’t fight, but we sure do laugh at some of the really stoopid stuff they do.

Hubs is off visiting his friend in the hospital. Even if friend was allowed more than one visitor a day, I wouldn’t go. The idea of voluntarily visiting a hospital filled with COVID patients is not on the top of my list.

I just glanced out the french doors and saw a hawk sitting on the fence by the bird feeder. Silly hawk isn’t going to get lunch sitting there, it needs to go hide in a tree so that lunch will show back up.

Oh, no! I forgot - happy birthday, Oopsie! My brain is just mush today. I hope it has been wonderful.

Best of luck to you, Kropotkin. When my mom was receiving radiation, the last two weeks were the hardest during radiation, and she big escalation in improvement about week two after. Getting over the finish line gave her that light at the end of the tunnel she needed until things started getting better. I hope your sitz bath or ointment helps and that you can sit comfortably again soon.

And I hope you take some pictures of the hummingbirds! I can’t believe ours are still around - normally they’re gone by now.

Back to the fray that is work. The muckety mucks announced a MASSIVE reorganization today (yet again), so…now, for the fallout. Bleh. I knew I wanted to skip the day.

Random stuff about equinox.

“Equal night” doesn’t mean the day and night are equal, it means the length of the night is the same all over the planet. The day is still a little bit longer.

The Bishop Ussher date for the creation of the world is supposed to be the exact moment of the autumnal equinox 4004 BC. According to Stephen J. Gould. So Happy B-day Earth?

I hate driving west at sundown around now, because the sun shine straight in my eyes and blinds me. The last time I tried (many many years ago) I drove straight through a traffic light and nearly collided with a car that was totally hidden. Now I just find some coffee and wait a while.

So you work for the Dept of Defense?? :rofl: Last place I worked before my first retirement, I’d been there 7 years. I had 13 different desks and (I think) 4 different bosses. And they were about to do yet another reorg when I decided it was time to retire.

I threw together a really fast supper, and it was pretty good. I’d pulled out a chickie tit earlier, so it was thawed. I sliced it and sauteed it in butter, then dumped a can of gravy over it and let it simmer. Meanwhile, I made some noodles and nukelated some peas-n-carrots. Less than half an hour and we had a reasonable facsimile of a meal. Peach crisp for dessert later.

And the afghan is coming together faster than I’d expected. I’ve sewn together 4 strips of 6 squares each, and I just started sewing the first two strips together. I should have all the strips joined before bedtime. Then I just need 2 or 3 rounds of edging. I’ll post a pic when it’s done.

Off to my recliner!!!

Howdy Y’all! Today we laundered, et, napped, and slothed. All in all not to shabby of a day.

MOOOOOOM I enjoyed the virtual tour of FairyChatEstates. Perhaps you could advertise these tours and get live tourists. Just hitch a wagon to John Deere, and voila, instant profit! You’d be surprised what tourists will pay for.

The other day I put myself to sleep by trying to count all of the different times I had physically moved desks at my last company. I followed that by counting up how many bosses I had had. Somewhere in there I fell asleep. It’s a high number. My company loved re-orgs and never seemed to understand the huge cost in productivity and company history that followed each one.

I will try to make time for the Fairy Chat Estate tour in the near future.

Happy birthday oopsie! When I used to take Nelson to daycare, he always slept a lot when he came home.

I like the groove nic sunny

Mooooooom, Indiana does DST now. Most of the state is on Eastern time, but around Louisville and Chicago (and for some dumb reason that predates the statewide change, Knox county) tend to go with Central. One of the local manufacturers of mobility scooters in my old town rented scooters for the county fair. They brought , IIRC, ~20 for rent on a reservation basis.

teela, I wear something similar to what Moooooom linked for sleepwear during the warm weather months. They’re definitely available.

{{{shoe}}} That sounds painful as hell. I hope that you’re feeling better soon.

groove, (TMI alert), as someone who suffers from painful booty grapes on occasion, this is the sitz bath that I use.

The last time that I filled up with 87 octane, it was $3.299 a gallon. It will go up sometime in the next week or so when we switch to winter blend.

Irked, came home, walked Nelson, et supper (that curry that I made the other day was even better reheated) and am fixing to do KP.

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

Thanks! My phone was in a pouch I was wearing around my neck, tho I picked it up a few times to show things that weren’t straight ahead of me. I don’t think I want to be a tourist stop, tho. I find enough trash along the road from the locals! That strip along the side of the yard has produced bottles, cans, cups, and assorted paper trash. Makes for annoying mowage.

I was surprised it took a bit over 9 minutes for the whole tour. Then again, ol’ John wasn’t built for speed. I mostly had it floored the whole time!

You say you want a tourist attraction? I give you The World’s Largest Ball of Paint. I was there on Saturday, on my way to a most excellent Electric Amish concert.

OW, I’ve seen that ball of paint! I have family in Alec and sometimes we wonder around to see the sights while I’m there. :slight_smile:

Going one, going twice… done! @Kropotkin is now officially known as the Mumper Groove.

I’ve seen some things on US backroads, but I missed this. Life is full of surprises.

We just had an earthquake in Melbourne, Australia. First I’ve ever felt since I moved here. We got them in New Zealand a lot, usually every two or three years there’d be a minor tremor (and of course in 2011 there was a disastrously huge one) but Australia’s quakes are very rare and usually minor. This was a ~5.5 to 6.0 quake centred north-east of Melbourne.

Damage reported so far is only to already weakened buildings here and there around town. Nobody reported as hurt.

Evening all. The Parks Department closed the Fields at 4pm, and right at 6pm the skies opened up so I’ll give them this one. More rain expected tonight and early tomorrow, so making up practice on Wednesday doesn’t look promising. Just hope things dry out by Saturday.

Dinner was the Tuesday Mac-n-Cheese, so that is happily assimilating now.

Had to look it up, but groove makes more sense than Russian anarchist, so I concur. And best wishes to your Mom.

Batboy, glad you’re OK, as is Melbourne (nice city). Been through one minor earthquake in my life, that is quite enough, thank you. Saw the damage in Christchurch as few years ago on tour, very sobering.

OW, not something I’m driving 800 miles to see, but if I’m in the neighborhood for any reason…

{{{{Shoe}}}}. Take care.

talky, like FCM and Sunny, went through a variety of reorgs in my days, often accompanied by changes in buildings. Always such fun…

OK, back to internettin’ and such (Southwest Chief due in LaPlata in about 10 minutes). Everyone have a good night.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! :blush:

The day started with a big smile: I have an Android phone, and I have the alarm configured so that when I turn it off the Google Assistant tells me the time and the weather forecast. This morning the Assistant told me the time, then said “today is your birthday!” — and then IT SANG “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” TO ME! Totally cracked me up! Work was OK, and I wound up going out tonight after all: I’d had plans with my best friends for dinner on Friday night, because I thought I might have to work late today (because of doctor appointments yesterday afternoon and tomorrow morning), but this morning I realized I could do dinner tonight and so we changed our plans. We went to a restaurant near my house: they picked me up, and surprised me with a handful of balloons! :balloon:The various birthday messages that came through on Facebook (and a few on LinkedIn) all day were really nice, too. All in all, not a bad way to turn 50. :smiley:

I’m a little grumbly at the moment, though, because today’s USPS delivery included mail from my insurance company: it was a copy of a letter they’d sent my surgeon last week, requesting more information so they can determine whether the surgery is medically necessary. I’ll email the patient coordinator tomorrow, but I’m completely paranoid about insurance turning me down and I kind of wish Cigna hadn’t copied me. {sigh}

I’m beat. Time to close the book on Birthday 2021. :slight_smile:

Happy birthdays to all who need it!

I’ve got one client needing “emergency” fixins that are taking me away from other client’s wants. 'Spose it’s good to be wanted, but I’d kinda like to be more in control of what I’m doing.

G’night, and stay safe, all!

Posting late because today was busy. Thank you all for the birthday wishes, part 2. I really felt wonderful today and could almost ignore the itches. Still on heavy-duty doses of antihistamines, but whatever.

Oopsie, Happy Birthday! We’re almost birthday twins, though I’m probably several squillion years older. Glad you got serenaded by your alarm! I hope insurance doesn’t give you any grief.

shoe, I’m concerned. Please post tomorrow and let us know how you’re doing. Also, you need to hang out here if the negative people are infecting you. Swampy invented the sunshine shot, you know.

OW, we haven’t had a real update on you in awhile. How are you doing? Are you still dating? Planting your flag on the top of roller coasters?

MetalMouse, you sure have been rained out a lot. Maybe you need to invent water soccer.

Batboy, glad the earthquake wasn’t worse.

cookie, cedar plant boxes sound wonderful.

Butters, Happy Birthday if you happen to see this. And if you DO see this, post and let us know how you are!

It’s a landmark day, I think. FCD is going to therapy by himself, then on to a meeting. He doesn’t want me to drive him. He’s driven a couple of times already, but not as far as he needs to go today. Here’s hoping he’s not being foolish. Not that I could stop him anyway…

Since I’ll be home alone for a bit, I’m thinking both upstairs bathrooms need a good, deep cleaning - good times, eh? The hall bathroom especially is furry! Not mold - dog hair and cat hair. The flooring is white, so the various bits of black and gray really stand out. So that’s part of the day’s plan. And at 4, Higgs gets groomed, so I’ll be taking her. Plus somewhere in there, I need to yank something out of the freezer for supper. Full day ahead, yes?

It’s muggy and we’ve got a chance of rain on and off all day. Good thing I mowed the ditch and hill yesterday - I don’t need to venture out today, then.

And that sums it up. Happy Wednesday to all and to all a good day!

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN I was a slugabed until after seven this mornin’. :sleeping_bed: ‘Tis 74 Amurrkin out and cloudy/foggy, with a predicted high of 86 and probably rain in the afternoon. The low tonight is predicted to be around 58 Amurrkin! BRRR! This mornin’ I shall take care of some church janitor Junior Warden duties. Comestibles will be procured as well. Sup shall be chikin alfredo, sallit, and garlic bread.

BatBoy glad there was no major damage to you or Melbourne in the earthquake.

oopsie hope this is not a major insurance woe.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, alas and bother I suppose I must needs purtify and don appropriate bein’ about the public attire. Must life be so difficult!

Happy Hump Day Y’all!