(Old, thankfully.) Just call it pee-pee ‘cause it’s all your’n MMP

It’s Monday on the Right Coast anyway, so…

Here’s a picture of a urinal at Diamond Knot Brewery & Alehouse, made from an Anheuser-Busch keg. I wonder… Is the beer recycled too?

FIRST!!!

It’s 2103 here, but it still works :slight_smile:

We on the Left always have to wait for the people on the Right coast. I thought I’d just use their time. Anyway, I wanted to use the thread title + photo. :wink:

That is a funny pic, especially now with their recent troubles.

Hubs moved a new batch of mead from one vat to another today (the mead is finished, now it needs to clear) and put a bottle in the fridge. I think I like it better when it is still bitey and raw, but I can’t drink 5 gallons before it mellows. Well, I probably could if I put my mind to it but five gallons is a whole lot of mead to drink fast, so I don’t think it would be a whole lot of fun.

I was looking at the old thread when the title change happened. I thought that was pretty neat but of course we all know that I don’t have a life.

PS, thanks Mods for doing this for us!

Most welcome! :wink:

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to heave.

That’s called “Corona”

“People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it’s more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff.” -The Tenth Doctor

You’re a whiz! A appropriate pun. Please don’t ban me.

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 62 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 86 and N.O.S. for the day. This is Fall(ish) weather in these parts. Also the pollen count is very high. My sinuses are well aware of that. Dang ragweed! Sloth is on the agenda durin’ the day. This evenin’ is men’s night over to the church house, so we shall head over there around four(ish) to do setup as is our wont. That will pretty much be the day.

Flyboy that’s an ummm… innerestin’ way to start off the MMP. I think that is a pretty cool lookin’ urinal, however.

Nellie I saw where your son and dil paid a surprise visit. I know you were over the moon!

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day! Rah.

Happy Moanday Y’all!

Looks Like Doggio got in the first lick on real Monday where he is. But thanks to Flyboy for starting it with the cool pic.

It’s sure no accident that they aligned the keg so the big Anheuser-Busch label is right in front on display. Take that, Mega-macrobrew!!1!

I was up about 90 minute predawn, quickly dressed, and now been balconatin’ for awhile. There’s just now the barest hint of light towards what’ll eventually be the horizon and some rain showers are busing zapping lightning at the fishies offshore. NWS says it’s now a balmy 80/26 eventually to reach 92/33 with the usual scattered t-storms. Sirius is bright in Canis Major with Orion in hot pursuit.

In the last few months I’d had to schedule various medical events for Sep and had to decide back then whether to put them before or after my retirement date. Before had the advantage of going on my old medical plan’s already-filled annual deductible, but also had the disadvantage that I miss about 2/3rds of the appointments I set when irk randomly intervenes on the day of. After retirement had the opposite problems. Anyhow “after” won that argument. So I’m facing about 4 medical events in the next 2 weeks. None onerous, just checkups / routine maintenance.

So ironically today, the first Moanday of retirement, I set an alarm to wake up for a first-thing fasting blood draw for a PCP checkup later this week. Turns out I was actually up well before the alarm, but that wasn’t 100% guaranteed. Felt funny setting that last night. Now I sit a bit & commune w y’all before launching off to first leak then feed. This will also be the first use of my shiny new Medicare & Supplement plans.

My rainshowers are now orange-rimmed black silhouettes against a pale orange sky down low, and the black-becoming dark gray up high. The hour-plus from total darkness through sunrise plus about 30 minutes is by far the best & prettiest part of the day. The same interval at evening is nice too, but just not the same.

Happy Moanday to all!!

This is my case more often than not. But every once in a while, I’m sleeping hard when the alarm goes off. Not today, tho. Despite being up till midnight finishing a book, I woke around 6:30 to sounds of rain. Near as I can tell, it’s been on and off since about 9:30 last night. I could hear the plants and grass singing for joy! But, alas, I can’t mow today… woe… :rofl:

As to the OP - surely we have all used different expressions when referring the the bodily function of eliminating liquid waste. For example:
wee-wee
tinkle
tee-tee
and from my childhood - shu-shu (don’t ask me - I have no idea.)

Moving on - as I mentioned, it’s raining. I do need to run to the grocery for a few things, but I expect most of the day will be spent crocheting. Since a lot of what I’m making are sea critters (including 2 mermaids) I’m thinking I’ll make a display diorama of a reef. I’ll need a sand-colored tablecloth, some rocks and the hanging stand I used last time for the jellyfish. I have only one of them left. And the non-sea-related toys (gnomes, princess, bunny) will have their own area.

I may even make some fingerless gloves - I called them texting mitts when I sold them at the little local store. Oh, and I need to make the pumpkin wigs, too. So my days will be filled with yarn.

For now, tho, it’s centered on surfing and caffeinating. Happy Moanday!!

Afternoon, mumpers! It’s currently 14c/57f with a predicted high of 17c/62f, and mostly cloudy. Weather app says “Cloudy with a slight chance of a fucking clown flash mob. Because that’s not fucking scary at all.” Not as scary as having to deal with real actual students on the first day of Welcome Week!

Fancy toilets are getting to be a bit of thing these days. I rather like the ones at the Waterloo Music Bar in Blackpool - the area has very little to recommend it, but this is a fantastic music venue and of course it’s got quirky bogs!

Monday has arrived and with it, hordes of shiny new students. I’m lucky that I’m working at home today as I can imagine it’s chaos on campus. Sadly I have to go in tomorrow instead for an unscheduled day. I’m supposed to be in for the rest of the week after that but the union has called for strike days on Thursday and Friday so I’m debating whether to do that instead.

Up with the rising sun, which isn’t all that early any more. Got another follow-up appointment with the surgeon’s assistant this morning to see if the leaky knee is doing better. It is. I think if I avoid strenuous PT for another week, it will be sealed up enough that I can get back to business. No sense rushing things.

Anheuser-Flush?

Yep. That’s what made it funny enough to take a picture of. If it were only a urinal made from a keg, I’d be like ‘That’s cool.’ It was the swipe at megabrews that made me laugh.

Nice one!

I say ‘urintate’, but not as much since Mrs. L.A.'s been here. From my childhood: ‘Duck-duck’. Apparently the training toilet seat had a cartoon duck’s head on the front of it (to keep urine from being sprayed over the top?). I don’t remember it.

Cool and breezy this morning. The basil plant in the catio was knocked over. A mama raccoon popped up over the edge of the deck, followed by two baby raccoon faces. They trundled off toward next door, and I hear them cooing. I cooed back, and one of the babies got up on the catio step and peered in at me. I didn’t know I could call raccoons.

You’ll all be excited to know I survived my blood draw. And my shiny new insurance cards seem to have worked.

Had a pleasant ham & eggs breakfast at a regional chain akin to an upgraded Denny’s. Pleasantly unpretentious, but unlike Denny’s, also not desperate-seeming. Then a quick groc stop & now home slothifying.

The next major accomplishment of the day shall be swapping dry-cleaning & a nap. Probably not in that order.

A short heave. Although it did take 30 minutes to get the belts moving. I stopped at HT for a thing or two for cheeseburgers(especially since it’s National Cheeseburger Day!). I ran into one of my co-workers. She was killing time since she had to give her cat meds and food at 9, and didn’t want to get screamed at for an early breakfast. And I thought Spot was pushy.

You’re a regular Ranger Rick. :raccoon:

Not to be confused with snu snu.

Nor Mu shu (pork), one of my traditional faves.

We had Trader Joe’s Korean-style short ribs, Trader Joe’s Asian-style vegetables, and some kimchi I bought at the supermarket for dinner last night. I cooked the beef on the barbie, and stir-fried the veg. The kimchi was very good. (So were the other things.)

Too easy to make a duck-duck-goose joke here…

The rain has stopped and the sun is trying to break thru. I’ve been to Shopper’s for diet coke, to Food Lion for some miscellany, and to an Amish market for corn and a small watermelon. I got a used steak at Food Lion - it will be cooked sous-vide for supper, with corn and a salad on the side. I’ve already chunked up the watermelon, filling 2 containers for easy noshing.

Daughter has declared that Tobias no longer gets his bink except for naps or bedtime. Suits me fine - I’ve been trying to keep it away from him, semi-successfully. With luck, he’ll be completely weaned off it before he starts preschool in January. I am (probably) irrationally irritated by kids past toddlerdom who walk around with pacifiers in their mouths.

I’m having lunch now, and shortly I will assume the crochet position for a while. FCD wants my help in the shop later today, but for now, my time is my time.

Putting those two sentences together like that I pronounced “crochet” in my head as “crotchet”. As in crotchety lady bitching about damn kids these days. Then I recognized my mistake and backtracked.

You do that a lot to me. It’s fun. I hope it’s not evidence of my (not your) growing senility. :crazy_face: