It's my 25th anniversary. Kinda. Sorta. Maybe

I lurked at the Dope for a couple of years because I thought that joining would be too much of a time sink. One of the great predictions of the 21st century.

But then someone posted a thread about lactose intolerance. Temptation alley. I had written two books on the subject and had the most comprehensive site on the web. I fell and never got up.

That was in the fall of 2001. When? Almost everybody else here knows their join date. Mine got wiped out in the infamous “winter of missed content” along with my first posts. My official join date is now March 2002, months later. That’s wrong. I feel like Isaac Asimov, who birth date was almost definitely 1919 but since the records were destroyed he later went with January 2, 1920.

Either way I’ve been around for 25 years. Great years, and I don’t regret the time sink. I read more now than I post, so I’m still lurking. Warning. I may pop up anywhere.

And if anyone wants to suggest a good cookie date, fire away.

Congrats on a quarter century(-ish :slight_smile: ) as one of the Big Names on Campus. In a good way.

I just turned over 23 years earlier this month. Lotta words, lotta time, lotta learning. And lots of comaradarie.

That deadly winter wiped out my thread where I reported I was going to prison, but left out that I was going to be working there until the very end of my post. Got lotsa replies to that one.

I may remember that lactose intolerance thread. I know I participated in that topic here more than once.

Happy Doperversary.

They didn’t give you cake.

So I brought :pie:. :grin:

Thanks!

It hadn’t yet become so mundane nobody needed to ask questions or desperately search out dairy-free foods. I was obsessed for a few decades but it’s now basically a millstone off my back. (Is that even a phrase?)

Cookies. Cake. Pie. As long as it’s chocolate I’m happy.

First congratulations on your Doperversary :tada:

I’ve only been around since about 2010ish, maybe a little earlier, not sure. But I would have liked to have read the Lactose Intolerance thread as both my husband and daughter are lactose intolerant, daughter more so than husband.

I’m with you on the importance of chocolate desserts/beverages. I think I’ll have the mocha latte at the coffee shop.

I suggest the March 16th, because (drum roll here)…
it’s the Harf o’ March.

We’re all veddy glad you’re here.

Very good! (I wonder if Adolph/Arthur himself ever used that one.)

Anyway, congratulations to site mainstay Exapno!

Congrats Harpo,

That’s not even a dad joke. That’s a great-granddad joke at least. :disguised_face:

I’ve been aware of you for much of that time, but only recently found out the source of your handle by reading Harpo Marx’s autobiography. :slight_smile:

Any time I see one of your posts, I’ll read it. You add a lot of value here … and I say that as a relative [NPI] newbie.

Here’s to another 25.

And another 25 after that … if you, TPTB, and the rest of us are up for it!

I’m giving a public warning to the board.

Don’t you dare go before me!

So glad to have had you here this past quarter-century, Exapno!