It's my Birthday. Blah.

I turn 36 today. I can’t kid myself anymore. I’ve got a wife, two kids, a mortgage, a stressful white collar job. I grew up. Ugh.

How did this happen?!? Egad.

Kind of inspired by this thread, byt the way.

<AHEM> CLEARING THROAT <AHEM>

HAAAPPPYYY BIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY TOOOOOO YOUUUUUU!!!
HAAAPPPYYY BIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY DEEAAARRR WIIINNNSSSTTTOOONNN SMMMIIITTHHH!!!

There. Feel better?

hee-hee. YUP!

Yer the best, swampy.

Well, you could be dead.
On that cheery thought-Happy B-day!

Got any kids under 10? They were born since I saw 36.

And remember that growing up is only a number, it has little to do with maturity.

Yeah, and it’s better than a Hot Stick in the Eye™.

Yes! A 14-month-old son, and a 3-and-a-half-year-old daughter. And yes, I agree with your assessment of aging and maturing. The reality of adulthood is now officially inescapable.

(It’s the kids that did it, right? I just knew it.)

**Definitely ** the kids. I’m 35, but my daughter is 14, so trust me when I say that for all practical purposes, I’m older than you! :wink:

Happy birthday!!!

Happy Birthday!

For your birthday you have made it to the ripe age of 36! Something that only others can dream of! You have been given children! A job that others will never have a hope of having!
You have a roof over your head that is actually YOURS.

Damn it sucks to be you. I would rather get an XBox360 than all that crap.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

You have kids, they have toys (in fact, the likely even have relatives outside your immediate household that like to buy them toys)… I bet your kids will even share their toys with you…

If you decide not to grow up, you’re all set to be the cool kid on the block

-Pandora
(who has no kids, and therefore depressingly few new toys)

Happy birthday. Having responsibilities doesn’t necessarily mean you’re an old fart yet. :slight_smile:

Throws confetti

Happy birfday! :slight_smile:

Look! There goes the confetti…

|
|
/

Happy Birthday, Winston. And look at it this way - you’re younger than me. :smiley:

And me, as well.

Happy Birthday, Winston - don’t be sad, growing up isn’t so bad. I like it just fine. A’course, I don’t have any crumbsnatchers… :stuck_out_tongue:

I feel for you. I turn 34 next Wednesday (greetings, fellow Cap). I suddenly have a real job and met with a 59 year old this morning who is in one of my classes who was very deferential and such and it was a bit too freaky. I still feel so young that I get nervous buying beer without any ID on me.