It's not just YOUR thread, Eve!

Eve is transgendered? Wow, I totally missed that along the way somewhere.

And since when does navy not go with beige? Everything goes with beige. Doesn’t it?

No no, I’m talking about the Algonquin tea room photo with two other Doper ladies - my memory is failing me as to which ones - which looks quite unretouched to me.

A department in the hospital has uniforms that consist of beige slacks and a navy jacket. I simply must tell them how gauche they are. :slight_smile:

Isn’t khaki a form of beige? A navy blue shirt goes perfectfly fine with khaki in my world.

Sorry, but I believe that navy and beige go together fine, and unless you can present me with documented evidence from the master of the universe (Bitch-Empress doesn’t count), I will continue to believe so!

Eve, my ex-husband is post-op ts. It was a tad depressing, since he turned out to be FAR better looking than I am or was! But my point is, where is your website? (OKay, that’s a bit of a non-sequitur, but I wanna see!)

My site, Avh, can be accessed by hitting the “www” under my post. But it has nothing to do with my, ummm, “status,” which is something that happened so long ago I don’t even think about it till the subject comes up (as in, “oh, you’ll get married someday!”).

You and your ex must have a very interesting story . . .

I meant since the operation.

Yep. Navy does go with beige. Not a problem there. At least as far as I am concerned (along with a few others, as it would seem).

But we digress…

You noticed that too, huh?

:wink:

Barry

Navy and black? Ick.

Yeah, you freaking savages!

rushes to her closet to make a note never to wear her navy v-neck “have you lost weight?” shirt with her black velvet “feel my ass” pants ever again

Oh, goodness, I’ve only dated since then. Beforehand, I sat on the sidelines and bided my time. So, from the age of 21 through, oh, my mid-30s, I dated, had a few “semi-longterm relationships,” raised hell (well, heck), went dancing till 4:00 a.m. (New York was fun in the '80s). But discovered, through trial and error, that a) I like living alone, and, b) gentlemen friends could not deal with Baby’s Little Secret.

I’M WILLING TO PUT UP WITH A LOT IN THE NAME OF FRIENDSHIP, BUT I’VE HAD IT!

(oops! Had the caps lock on cuz I was working)

Anybody who cannot understand the natural affinity of khaki and navy or any other shade of blue is unfamiliar with the field uniforms of the US Cavalry in the late 19th century… The perfect mix of dashing and casual, a navy blouse with khaki pants topped off with a coordinated slouch hat could stop the heart of the most hardened Indian maiden, especially if the trooper was trying to kill her. A GREAT look!

Not true! (Well, at least with this single female poster.) I completely understood why you were annoyed, and I was rather annoyed myself, even though I am one of the ones who is still hoping.

I didn’t mind Jenaroph and Scarlett, because they seem to understand that they were only addressing their comments to part of the audience, but I thought the rest of the posts just came off as gloating and smug.

Particularly the ones posted after your warnings. I am of the opinion that some of those posters were deliberately trying to be annoying.

Not true! (Well, at least with this single female poster.) I completely understood why you were annoyed, and I was rather annoyed myself, even though I am one of the ones who is still hoping.

I didn’t mind Jenaroph and Scarlett, because they seem to understand that they were only addressing their comments to part of the audience, but I thought the rest of the posts just came off as gloating and smug.

Particularly the ones posted after your warnings. I am of the opinion that some of those posters were deliberately trying to be annoying.

Well, I can only speak for myself, but I for one hadn’t read Eve’s “warnings” when I originally posted to that thread – I was posting strictly in response to the OP. And, while I will agree 100% that the woman who posted that single people just needed to learn to love themselves was way out of line, the post from Eve that I complained about above was made before that post. I personally don’t see anything “pompous and condescending” in the posts that came before Eve’s post, but maybe that’s just my insensitivity showing through.

Barry

Not as interesting as you might think. We loved each other a lot, but he had to do what made him happy, and I, despite loving him VERY much, am happier living alone.

He was one of the lucky ones - slight build, fine features, and light facial hair. When last I saw him, he was a total babe.

Gotta git. Take care.

There’s something really wrong about wearing a dark shirt with light trousers.

Now, a nice light blue Oxford button-down with khakis, that’s all right. Perfect for a springtime stroll on the Princeton campus, or a stint in the CIA.

God, I HATE light blue with Khaki. It’s almost a uniform here at Major American Retailer Headquartered In The Midwest. I much prefer a Hawaiian shirt with the Khakis.

Oh, I see, Avh. Judging from your pronouns, I thought the transition had gone in the other direction. Does your ex prefer masculine pronouns?