It's Official - "Saving Jesssica Lynch"

You have to excuse RikWriter, he’s a conservative with no sense of humor. :wink:

Oh, okay. Tell me where the humor was in the OP.

Well, you would know more about misspelling than I.

Obviously you can respond to him, since you did. I think the statement by Chefguy is that since this is in Cafe Society, your comment would not be as vigorously challenged as one would in GD or The Pit . Debating beliefs on how questionable the war is not a topic for this forum.

Your opinion does not equal the truth. Hey, you know, that was easy!

I believe rjung was responding to your uptight response to Avumede’s tongue-in-cheek remark about heroism.

Then the original poster shouldn’t have made the policy critique comment in this forum, and all those criticizing me for responding to him should have been equally as vigorous in criticizing him for bringing it up to begin with. Since they aren’t, it’s patently obvious that they are less concerned with posting things in their proper forum than they are in trying to silence someone with an opposing political viewpoint. F’rex, I tried to convince another poster in another thread from politicizing it and was shouted down, so I guess keeping politics out of Cafe Society really isn’t a priority for anyone…unless they want to shut up someone who disagrees with them of course.

There was nothing humorous about his slanderous, inaccurate and incredibly ignorant remark.

I’m not a moderator, so I can’t order anybody to do anything around here. All I can do is plaintively wish you guys would take it to the Pit.

So that’s what I’m doing.

What about Jennifer Garner? I’ve always envisioned her in the role–after she empties her clips, she then takes out one fedayeen fighter after another with perfectly executed flying kicks (the fedayeen, of course, will first try to take her on one at a time, to their utter humiliation). Only after several more fedayeen have been slain/maimed will they overwhelm her with their sheer numbers.

After all, the film will have very little to do with the real Jessica Lynch or what actually happened to her (judging from what little can be pieced together).

Responding to my posts backwards, are we? I *could * say something concerning that, your way of thinking, and the current presidency…and i may get to soon the rate this thread has deteriorated.

I hope they include the scene where the american soldiers shoot at the ambulance containing Lynch as the doctors fail to give her back because of the hail of bullets!

Yeah, but I’ll bet they’re not going to get a good-looking actor to play her in the TV movie, so he won’t get more than a couple of lines.

HIM! They’re not going to get a good-looking actor to play him in the TV movie.

Damn brain farts.

You’re right. The OP would have stood just fine on its own without the political belief tossed in there. My point is that this is not the place to debate that belief. You could have ignored it, or if you feel so strongly about it it, take it to the Pit and post a link here so people can follow if interested.

Again, this is your opinion, which you keep confusing as fact. Did soldiers point guns at doctors who were tending to her? You did not dispute that this occurred. I myself don’t know the details of what happened. So if that did indeed happen, then the statement is not libelous (or slanderous), inaccurate, or ignorant.

Now then, as kaylasdad requested, and I myself have mentioned, this is not the place for this. If you wish to argue about this further, feel free to start a Pit thread and take us all to task for our unpatrioticness or explain to the ignorant why the war is not quesitonable or whatever.

Geez…given the scarcity of information and how simple the operation apparently was, how are they even going to make this…you know, movie length?

I don’t have a problem with cashing in with a cheap movie, but for crying out loud, at least pick a workable subject.

(This is one of those things I’m definitely going to record, just to see how the heck they pulled it off.)

Whoever is making the movie will pad the alloted time by playing up her down home West Virginia roots. NBC should look into getting Dan Rather to lend his voice for “singing” that John Denver song.

No. When you start telling people with whom you agree politically to not start political threads, then I will stop commenting on them. Until then, you’re just another hypocrite.

From what I have read, he’s supposed to be the focus of the movie.

Your posts have been pretty ass-backward, so it seemed appropriate.

Interesting: RikWriter disputes that the war is questionable, and then starts an argument over facts, judgements, opinions, and morality. Thus proving that many things about the war are being questioned. Ergo, the war is questionable. Q.E.un-D. Clever Rik!

No, the fact that some people question something doesn’t mean it’s legitimately questionable. Some people think that the government bombed the Murragh Building, but that doesn’t mean the bombing investigation was questionable…it means some people are kooks. QED. Not so clever refusal!

Hey dumbass, go start a new thread. I don’t think there has been one about the War yet.

Anyhow, getting back to the topic at hand…

I believe that in the movie some artistic license has been taken.

Replace “hospital” with “fortress” and “doctors” with “ninjas”.

I also heard that Lynch’s company will also be searching for stolen gold bullion.