It's the Independence Day in December MMP

I didn’t know what to do about gifts this year.

I went ahead with gifts instead of gift cards anyway. My heart’s not in it this year. I still have to get grandnephew 2 a gift, I’ll probably give him cash since he is hard to buy for. I got my mother some adult coloring books and nice pencils, and yesterday she told me she was bored with coloring. Great. She’s getting them anyway- I’m done shopping and that’s it. I have other things to give her, so she can just be happy with it - or not.

Corn pones (little cornbread sticks) are bakin’ away as I post. When they’re done, we’ll have them and beast stew for dindin. YUM!

Supper’s done. Dishes are done. Turkey is in the fridge to be cut up tomorrow. Ribs are in the fridge to be smoked tomorrow. I’s tahred! I’m thinking it might be an early bedtime for me today.

Sneezing repeatedly is not fun. Come on allergy medicine and work.

Hubs is off to a Christmas party. I just could not be bothered.

Had a nap this afternoon but was woke by the damn phone.

YUM! Dindin was just right if’n I do say so myself. There will be stew for N.O.L. tomorrow and the rest is now in little containers in da freezer. Slow cooker is all cleanded up and put away as well.

Butters did you look at the phone and say “Shut Up!” That’s what I do when the phone wakes me up from a nap. :smiley:

Time to log off and veg. MWAH!

So, Moooom, are you and FCD going to take care of the ugly cookie problem before you travel? :stuck_out_tongue:

Guess what Santa’s bringing to me Tuesday? A car five years newer with half the mileage than my truck. In exchange, twuck is going to Texas to have a new engine dropped in and get tricked out by my sister’s sweetie. Win/win!

red yay for the new ride!

Not that either one of us has done anything of a laborious nature today, but we’s tahrd! Thus 'tis time to retire to the budoir to watch teevee until sleepy time.

Nitey Nite Y’all!

The Empress Alexandria had a mauve boudoir.

Work was rather irky, mainly due to people not in my chain of commad who apparently are the living embodiment of the Peter Principle. Luckily I have beer.

If they are drafting me, it means we’re in a world of hurt.:wink:

Congrats on the new vehicle, red! Not that twuck seemed that bad.

I’m not sure I want to know how you came across that link…

Up way too early, of course, but what ya gonna do? I’ll probably go back to bed in a little while, maybe, but for now, I’m too awake.

Today, rib smokeage shall occur. I’ll also cut up, bag, and freeze the turkey, freeze the turkey broth and drippings, and… well, there are probably other things that’ll need to be done. I’ll figger it all out as I go along.

Happy Sunday!

My favorite weather site has been wonky for the last few days, so I found another. AND I discovered that while we’re in Ocala, the temps will be in the mid-80s!! Guess we need to pack shorts, huh? Weird.

I need to make a list - stuff to do, stuff to remember. Oh, how I hate driving to Florida! And this time next week, we’ll be home again. Two full days of driving for a 3-day visit. Ho ho ho.

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 32 Amurrkin out and cloudy with a predicted high of 63 and kinda cloudy for the day. The warm up starts tomorrow with rain, and as MOOOOOOM said we’re lookin’ at 80s for Christmas day even in Ye Olde Home Towne which is where I shall be then.

flytrap poor Alexandra! Such a drab and poorly furnished boudoir. She should have had me as her decorator, then she would have had a f-aaaaaa-bu-lous retreat. :smiley:

OK that’s all I got for now. I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands sustenance. At some point purtification for deheathenization must also coommence. I get to go deheathenate twice today. This mornin’ for regular deheathenization and tonight when the stained glass windows in the church house are “dedicated.” I said I’d do ush duty tonight. Rah.

Happy Sunday Y’all!

Sunday is Laundry day, so after this message I’ll be starting the first load for the day.

If you have the comic Non Sequiter in your paper, read the Sunday comic. If not, goggle their site. I think you’ll like it.

Otherwise, outside of a trip to Cracker Barrel and wrapping presents, should be a quite day.

Up, caffeinated, closing again tonight. It’s 28 right now.

I’ll be making cookies this morning for a party this evening.

doggio, twuck has been a good transportation investment, but it’s getting to the point where it’s starting to need repairs often enough that I might as well be making a car payment. The Toyota that I’m getting is a one owner (Sis) and is being traded straight up for the twuck as gifts to both me and her old man (he really wants to trick out a compact truck). I’m grateful.

Happy Sunday!

It’s a sunny 34 degrees outside. Warm and toasty inside.
According to the weather app on my phone it is going to start getting warm again. In the high 50’s most of the week with a spike up to 71 on Thorsday.

Ugh FCM I bitch about the two hour drive and you have a two day drive.

Nothing special on the agenda today, just another day around here.

Congrats on new car Red

I’ll be looking for the leftovers in my CD drive tomorrow.

::throws virtual coins in the back seat of red’s new ride::

I have to drive a bit over 2 hours to Harford county to see my mom, which is why we didn’t go this Thanksgiving. We’d been there twice in the month before and I just didn’t want to do it again. Frankly, I’m more than a little miffed that when I suggest a gathering at my place, all I get are whines about how long a drive it is. Um DUH - I do it all the time!

Anyway, ribs are in the smoker. I de-gunked some of the removable parts - tomorrow, it’ll get a proper cleaning. In a couple of hours, I’ll put the brats in. Meanwhile, I suppose I should start carving the turkey. I hate carving birds… * whine whine whine…

:stuck_out_tongue: