It's the New Brew Revue, coming right at you!

Haven’t done a beer thread in a while. Well, what wet and wild weirdness has wandered your way?
I am currently sipping a very good peanut butter stout from Central Coast Brewing, P-Nut Butter Breakdown, made with real Skippy peanut butter. it is a good stout, with an aftertaste that makes you think “Hey! Did I just eat a peanut butter sandwich before I opened the can??”
So what have you sipped recently?

I love a good beer. Anchor Steam from San Francisco is a favorite, but I came here to post something the OP may not consider a “real” beer. This came to mind as I read the OP. I’m in my 60s and in some ways life gets simpler. I like what I like and don’t give a shit about what others may say about it. I know that in my college days and in my early 20s some guys would scoff at what I’ll say here:

I like the Coors Lite in the screw top aluminum cans. Simple, light, refreshing, inexpensive, and readily found just about everywhere. Those screw top aluminum cans are great!

And the thread title: ISWYDT.

In my fridge is Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold, Weihenstephaner Helles, and Rodenbach Grand Cru. The first two are everyday beers, while the last is a very flavorful and refreshing sour, that I drink when I’m in the mood for it. All are terrific representations of their type of beer.

New flavor of Porter from Founders venture series.

Yesterday, my wife and I visited 2 local breweries. The first was 0 for 4, but the second one had 6 tasty brews, even though they ran out of their dopplebock that I was looking forward to.

I had a LaGrange IPA at Rock Bottom in Orland Pk, Il (Standard fare IPA.) And since the pandemic hit, I’ve been stuck on Goose Island IPA because it’s reasonably priced, OK, and buy 2 of them and you go home with 30 beers.

(I failed to mention Doug and Emmy Joe. I, too, SWYDT.)

Would that be the roasted coffee variation?

I had a milk stout in Nashville a couple of weeks ago called the Tears of My Enemies. It was sweet, as enemy tears should be. Recommeded it to my two beer conisour buddies, and both liked it enough to order a second.

I believe its from a brewery in Atlanta.

I believe so, it mentioned Graham Cracker hints also, which was a little odd.

But quite tasty.

Had a can of Speedway Stout, by AleSmith Brewery, today. Great beer but at 12% IBV, I can only have 1. I’m a lightweight.

I just popped open my second beer of the day, Quilter’s Irish Death from Iron Horse Brewery. It is a very dark ale, very tasty with a slight burnt coffee and chocolate aftertaste.

I haven’t tried the regular Speedway, but I have had the Salted Caramel Brownie Speedway-damn fine .

“One Ping Only” by Avery Brewing. It’s a Russian Imperial stout with wild cherries.

Good stuff- the cherries aren’t front and center; they’re more of a background flavor among all the roasted malt and malty sweetness. I thorougly enjoyed my last glass of it.

(right now it’s G&T time… Schweppes tonic water & Leopold Bros Navy Strength Gin)

That’s a cool name. One of my favorite books and movies, as long as you can get past Sean Connery’s accent for a Russian sub captain.

I scored a case of Dale’s Pale Ale recently (it’s hard to get around here). Love Oskar Blues beers. If I could only drink one beer the rest of my life, I’d choose Dale’s.

However, 95% of all the beer I’ve been drinking this year has been from small local brewers.

One oddball “beer” I tried is a collaboration between Pittsburgh Brewing (Iron City brewer) and Turner’s Dairy, a local favorite. They basically made a malt liquor version of Turner’s Iced Tea. Not at all like Twisted Tea, this is a really serious brew. I liked it, though I doubt I’ll drink it again.

Bell’s has jumped on the hazy IPA bandwagon with a Two-Hearted Hazy version, and I’ve been enjoying them occasionally since I noticed they exist.

I was given some Quaff On Busted Knuckle Porter from Indiana. It one of the best porters I’ve ever tasted. Sadly, its not available here in NJ. FWIW, I prefer by beers without chocolate, coffee, peanut butter or fruit added. If the hops can impart certain flavors, great. Otherwise, lets stick to the basics. Now that summer is here, Warsteiner is my go-to with an occasional hazy IPA thrown in. Southern Tier has some nice brews.

I’m organizing my garage and I came upon an old box used to hold stuff (not beer) — a box for Blue Point Toasted Lager, from Patchogue NY on Long Island when we visited friends there a long time ago. They used to live in Patchogue. Maybe 20(!) years ago. I remembered that beer and it is really good. I’ll have to pick some up when I’m there in July.

I haven’t thought about that beer in years. I look forward to having some this summer.

I had read that the directorial thinking was that since most of Connery’s speaking was supposed to be in Russian, it actually made sense because Marko Ramius (Connery’s character) was Lithuanian, not Russian, unlike the other characters. So having a different accent would make sense, especially a different British Isles one, if the Russians had English accents.

I’m about to crack open a Focal Banger from the Alchemist in Vermont. Will report back with results. It isn’t noon yet. Even on Memorial day one must have standards.