It's the SMILE that melts my heart.

I don’t know why I’m choosing to write this now, but I just have to see if other people feel the same way I do about this.

The Smile

Over the course of my life, I’ve been attracted to many girls. I found sometime around the middle of seventh grade that there was something about a select few girls that made me absolutely melt. I’ve been attracted to girls/women who have an have not had The Smile, but that’s because so very few posess it.

It’s extremely difficult to describe, and it’s not a smile that is especially seductive, or cheery, or anything. The best way I can describe it is this: It’s a smile that lets you peer into the soul of the person wearing it. It shows a joy of life, playfulness, sexiness, caring, and confidence, all at the same time. It’s not a fleeting thing, but something that comes out nearly every single time they smile.

The first person I saw with The Smile was a girl I met at my church youth group while on a retreat. The first moment I saw her, I was hooked. I tried throughout that year to get together with her, and while we rode the ferris wheel together at the county fair, it just wasn’t meant to be. Even through high school, whenever I saw her, my heart skipped a beat. She was pretty, yes, but not amazingly beautiful or anything…but the smile did me in.

I had my first real steady girlfriend my sophomore year in HS, (I had a 1 month thing with a girl in 8th grade, but that was useless), but she didn’t have The Smile. My girlfriend my senior year had A smile…but it wasn’t there persistently, and as such…didn’t fully qualify. In fact, I rarely even saw someone with The Smile.

I got to college, and met a girl, who most certainly did not have The Smile, but we fell in love and had 5 wonderful years together…but things were not to be, and we parted ways (different goals in life)…though we’re still friends. I wonder now if part of me was holding back, simply because The Smile wasn’t there. I think now it’s possible that the woman I marry will have to have The Smile, or it just won’t be complete.

So, as some of you know, I met a girl about a month ago, and we spent one amazing evening together. I was surprised at how much I though of her following that evening, considering I barely knew her. I called her, things are going well, and we’re getting together for a weekend in one week. I’ve been thinking about her constantly, and I never really know why. But now I know why…she has The Smile. I don’t know why it didn’t come to me earlier, but she definitely has it. She flashed it to me in full brilliance the morning after our evening together, and it’s that picture that sticks out in my mind.

What does that mean? Well, nothing in particular…I’ve met women who’ve had The Smile before. It’s not a new thing, but it is still exciting. Ahh…it just gives me a warm fuzzy inside.

Anyone have any idea what I’m talking about?

Jman

Is it this? :smiley:

LOL!!! Uh…no.

That comment made ME smile, though!

(oh, and sorry about the occassional spelling mistakes…that’ll teach me not to proofread before I submit. argh)

uh…that’ll teach me TO proofread before I submit. Wow…didn’t proofread the thing I submitted. I think I’ll just quit now…it’s really late.

Ok…I guess I am kind of nutty. :slight_smile:

Well Jman Im not sure about “THE SMILE” but I know about the lip-set thing. Its the way a person… male type person, sets his lips when he’s not smiling, grimacing or whatever. Its like a lip default thing, that to me says alot about general mental/emotional status.

So I guess your smile thing is similar. Except everyone has a different lip-set and I am not sure there is "an exact right lip-set"that the man I marry must have. “I may not know much about lip default settings, but I know what I like…”