I've been activated by the Red Cross

I’m going to en route shortly to Birminham, AL, to help pick up after Cindy so that they are prepared for Dennis. I will probably be gone for two weeks. I will be on the ECRV, a Ford Excursion studded with antennas and a satellite link. I’ll try to keep a blog, as we will have internet access whenever we have the satellite dish up.

Vlad/Igor

Good luck and take care. Otherwise, who will rescue the rescuer? Seriously, be careful, and don’t drink the water.

Travel safely and thank you for what you do. I can’t count how many times I’ve wanted to go and help on a recovery such as that.

We look forward to your return!

Thank you for what you do.

I hope you have minimal work to do, too – here in New Orleans we’re still digging out from under all the fallen tree branches from Cindy, which took everyone by surprise – not to mention all the power outages that we still have – and a lot of people are panicking at even the thought of Dennis. I don’t want Dennis to come this way, but I don’t want to wish him on anyone else, either, so my fondest hope is that he loses heart and fizzles out well offshore and takes it easy on everyone, including you!