I've fallen in love with You, Me and the Apocalypse

Well I knew…

…it was going to be Ariel in the bunker in the end instead of Jamie. :wink: I really hope there’s some kind of 2nd series; there’s a hell of a lot of loose ends left. Everyone’s nice & cosy with Grandmamma Vampire.

And Dewey Finn…

…yes that’s possible. It’s unlikely, but all it would take is for the female zygote to split after fertilization.

Ugh, yeah, there better be some miracle at the end there, or in the second series. The show is weird enough, the bad guy “winning” like that, no way; ruined it for me.

I came to say that I didn’t know about this show, but I love quirky British comedy/dramas and this thread led me to the first episode (the whole first season is on Hulu). I loved it! (This is what I pay you people for, so thanks. There’ll be a little something extra in your envelopes this week.)

I didn’t read past the first few posts even though the spoilers were boxed (thanks for that, too). I’ve binged on just about everything out there, so I’m looking forward to watching this over the next few [del]days weeks[/del] hours.

I have to add, since after last night I was thinking about this waaay too much, but:

There’s no way that Ariel caught up with the group, unless he was faking it and the car was still drivable. Also, he somehow lost his wound on the face when he got in the wreck. I’m assuming he crossed the water parting too, assuming it didn’t close after they were done, which is just too much of a stretch, IMO

Anyway:

Is Jamie going to perform another couple miracles? Like maybe heal the dying husband, unlock the door and head in before the destructor wave hits?

Ariel could just swim across the river, no parting needed. Jamie’s group couldn’t swim because they weren’t physically capable of it. (The dying husband, the older mum, the small child, and the grievously injured son.)

So not only did Ariel get in, he took over narrating too? Brutal.

Yeah, that was what bugged me. I didn’t mind Ariel being the one in the bunker so much as Ariel being the one who apparently narrated the whole series.

Was there narration other than the bunker scenes?

I wonder if Ariel’s completely snapped and thinks he’s Jaime now.

A 2nd series wouldn’t need to be as many episodes as the 1st; nor would it need a lot of location shooting. :wink: Hell, they could shoot almost everything on a soundstage.

I’ve seen numerous articles saying no second season.

Well that sucks. :frowning: I’d settle for a Christmas special to tie up the loose ends (several of which were spun in this episode).

Didn’t the second season just start? <confused>

No. Maybe the confusion is the first season which just concluded in the US aired in the UK last year?

No. If you look back, from the first episode the narrator is acting very un-Jamie like. Talking disparagingly about the people he’s locked in with and looking at friends and (newly found or otherwise) family like they meant nothing to him.

The ending makes no sense at all. In fact, much of this show makes no sense.

if a privately built bunker will survive then how about all those deep government bunkers all around the world? Why would it be only the all woman USA one and the one in Slough?
Mount Weather? Cheyenne Mountain Complex ? Why wouldnt the President go to Mt Weather?

Your other points are solid, but the show answered this one: The president wanted to go to the hot chick bunker. (Plus, of course, he got shot in the head.)

ETA: For those who liked this show’s premise, you might also like These Final Hours. It’s an Australian movie with a similar premise, though it isn’t a comedy. At one point one of the characters reveals a private “bunker”, which is essentially a glorified basement. Unlike You Me and the Apocalypse, it’s understood that bunkers don’t offer any protection at all from planet-killing asteroids.

Because the bunkers aren’t there to survive the comet. They’re there to protect people from looters. Most deaths would be due to starvation, not impact.

The reason why the president went to the all-women bunker should be blindingly obvious.

He could easily staff Mt Weather with even more hot chicks.

How would that make the slightest difference in the story?

Wow. This show was great! Many thanks to MoonMoon for starting this thread which brought my attention to the show.

Tis a pity it’s not being picked up for a second season.