I've got a couple hundred refugees from Gor to resettle. Where shall I place them?

Bangkok is the obvious choice for obvious reasons.

Oh, give 'em to Xena.

Send them back in time to Lord Arthur’s realm in Army of Darkness. That place looked like it could benefit from an influx of comely maidens.

Bill Willingham’s Fableverse.

1. They’ve an established base, both in Manhattan (at the intersection of Kipling and Bullffinch).
  2. They have a backup, totally isolated base in upstate New York (the farm).
  3. They are accustomed to handling refugees from so-called fictional universes. In fact, all of Fabletown are from one fictional universe or another.
  4. Rose Red, Snow White, Red Riding Hood, and others are in position to help women recover from trauma such as this.

It’s a perfect start. 276 might well tax the system initially but it’s recoverable in the medium-term.

Bring them to Discworld and ask Lady Sybil to take charge of their resettlement.

The Luna Free State (some time after the Revolution of '76, of course… No need to send them to a war zone). They’re always welcoming to immigrants, especially women, and as women, they’ll call the shots (which includes abstaining from sex or going at it willy-nilly, or anything in between, as they prefer). And there’s definitely something to be said for a major city where the last rape was ten years ago.

In the alternative, Callahan-verse could handle a few. Lady Sally could expand her operation with those so inclined, Jake and friends could probably disperse the rest into suitable situations.

“Ja, cobber! Tell 'em send us hoors! Tousands and tousands of hoors! I marry 'em, I betcha!”

Also, Mudge from the Spellsinger universe might have some ideas… Probably not very workable ones, though.

You want them treated and cared for? Sector General

You just want entertainment? Set them down in a nice Marvel Universe NYC brownstone, tended by Dr. Donald Blake. Put the Gor slavers a little ways away, and tell them where the girls are. Gather up all the info on the situation and send it to a Mr. Frank Castle. Sit back and watch fireworks.

Rosie isn’t in the best emotional shape right now, what with Boy Blue dying and Jack of the tales using her as basically a series of warm holes to screw. I mean, when Rose and Jack were together before this, Rose seemed to enjoy the sex, whereas during this latest episode, she’s just not resisting his advances (my books are packed up).

But Snow White, Red Riding Hood, and Frau T. could probably help them deal with adjusting to their new lives.

Or send them to Discworld, and let Granny, Nanny, and possibly Magrat help them. They could cry on Magrat’s shoulder, Nanny would give them advice on how to enjoy sex in their new lives, and Granny would come up with some extremely practical advice and solutions (but probably no sympathy at all).

This is perfect. Torch is just the right place for them. Queen Berry will make sure they are well-cared for, and Thandi Palane will ensure that no one ever bothers them unless they want to be bothered. In fact, some of them may well end up becoming Thandi’s Amazons.

We’re looking for non-evil solutions today, boys & girls.

Won’t work for obvious reasons. Dr. Blake is Thor, as you are perfectly aware. He will ask where the girls come from, and of course I have to tell him; and then he will want to go free every other slave on Counter-Earth, and I of course am not free to decline. :frowning:

Asking Athena for help is likewise contraindicated.

She hasn’t the resources. And they can’t all be lesbians. Besides, Xena and I are enemies on account of her senseless murder of an analogue of Athena. Just because it wasn’t MY Athena doesn’t mean I don’t resent it. :mad:

This and Der Trihs suggestion would both work well.

All right, if not Xena, Kim Kardashian’s mom. She seems to know how to manage girls with plenty of hormonal elements in their psychological makeup. Give her a few million in seed money, I bet she’s straighten 'em out.

Alternatively, give 'em to Lindsay Lohan’s mom, just to watch the trainwreck.

And before anyone complains, we are talking Reality TV here, not reality. It qualifies as a fictional universe in my book.

Why on Earth would I supply seed money?

Not evil enough to either engage in human trafficking or ignore the pleas for mercy from abused captives is not the same thing as benevolent.

As an investment. Mom Kardashian seems to have a talent for managing wild girls in ways that are profitable and not degrading.

Wait … who are you talking about? I thought you meant Kim Possible’s mother.

I’d consider abandoning the idea of integrating them into an actual functioning society. Bring them to Thebes, then shuffle through the alternate realities until you come upon one that includes Dionysus and the Maenads.

I’m sure they’ll make themselves right at home.

:confused: Really? Why, exactly? You concerned with a little trans-dimensional competition?

I know your Burroughs-Libby continua buggy can be operated by other people, so if the problem with Narnia is your own reluctance to interact with an agent/ally of Aslan, you could entrust the errand to a lieutenant.

The problem with that theory is that Skald’s most trustworthy lieutenant is me. I’m on speaking terms with Aslan, as the Norse Ambassador to Narnia, but if Aslan wanted Skald whacked, I’d be in an uncomfortable position. Saying no to the Lion ain’t easy, and me going after Skald ain’t happening. Unless we work out a PPV deal, but even so the event would be scripted in the manner of pro wrestling matches. And the Lion prolly wouldn’t like that, either.

Because I don’t do THAT kind of evil. No slave trading and no raping. It’s in the RhymerFaq.

Also why I’m not gonna go to this Kardashian woman whom EC mentioned upthread and who I just looked up. You don’t accept money or rewards for rescuing slaves, and you don’t try to make a profit afterwards, because then you’re just being a slave trader but lying to yourself about it. Remember what Bob said.

Still risky. Narnia is not like Star Trek. You might get in of your own accord, but you’ll be **leaving **when Aslan feels you have matured and not before. Also it isn’t much better equipped for Gorean refugees than Oz is. They have sex there, clearly, but I don’t think anybody there has the vocabulary to deal with people who’ve been abused as slaves in Gor are. They could get help in Aslan’s country, but continua devices cannot go there.