I've had it with these fucking Turing tests.

Go here and look at the abstract expressionist art they call a Turing test. I have tried to search for something 10 times and got it wrong every time. I’m slightly red/green colorblind so perhaps it’s just me but this has gotten outta hand.

I agree. I routinely fail those things two or three or four times before getting lucky. If I have to solve one just to search or post, that site is dead to me.

It goes to a search page at battlefront.com for me.

Check out the CAPTCHA on the right-hand side of the page.

See the image for verification on the right hand side.

Just hit refresh a few times until you get an image that’s not that hard to parse. After only two refreshes, I got this.

Right. The OP is having problems with the image verification for using the search feature.

BTW, OP, you usually don’t have to worry about using that feature if you become a member of a message board and are signed in.

Ahh, I thought that maybe that’s what he meant but wasn’t sure.

I fully support this rant. I’m not colour blind at all, but I have a lot of trouble with these, too - surely there are Captchas that will stump a computer that a person with normal vision* will easily be able to see, not a person with normal vision able to figure out, maybe, if they squint just right, and guess lucky with their fingers crossed.

*Well, let’s just call it normal vision for argument’s sake. Corrected to normal, how about that?

Some of those on that site are especially bad and I am not color-blind in the least. Half of them at least were completely unreadable and a another quarter were marginal. It hit refresh until I could find ones that I could read. At least it lets you do that. Some sites force you to attempt a basically unreadable one before you get another.

I didn’t see the captcha because I am long-standing member at that board, but yeah. Slightly better are those which ask a trivia question or simple math question. Aren’t there armies of foreign people whose only job is to spend all day decoding these things for spammers?

Shouldn’t that be, “I have HAD IT with these mother-fucking Turing tests on this mother-fucking internet?”

For a second, I thought this thread was penned by a proto-AI complaining it couldn’t pass for human.

That would have been so cool.

I thought it was baby Skynet complaining.

How do you know it’s not?

At least this one is legible. Oh, and I like the obfuscated background…'cause they wouldn’t want any bots reading and deciphering it, would they?

There is no cake.

Hang on, I’ll check. I hear there’s a test for this out there somewhere…

So my choice is “or death”?

:sob: weighted companion cube :sob: I miss you so much :sob: :snuffle: but there was no other wayyy, forgive me :waaiiilll:

Fail.

No real human would combine the phrase “abstract expressionist art” with “gotten outta hand” in the same post.

:wink: