Jackass judge sues dry cleaner for $65 million over lost pants

Wait… if the loss of the butler, gardener, hairdresser, and chauffer are included in the $65 million figure that would mean that all of those people were lost by the dry cleaner as well as the pants, which would mean that the judge was dry cleaning his staff along with his pants!

Remind me never to take a job under that guy.

I may be wrong here, but I think you’ve been whooshed. I’m pretty sure that judge Roy Nutbar never said such a thing.

It does seem like an attention-grabbing sum.

Cite? Preferably in photo form.

Come on, Czarcasm…you knew that was coming. :smiley:

Which is why we have to get him now, while he’s without the pants!

That’s ridiculous. I bet he only get $62 million, tops.

Bottoms, actually.

I wore a pair of pants like that once, for 20 minutes.

$12,000 for a pair of pants no matter how many days have passed is simply outrageous.

Once my dry cleaner lost one of my sweaters. In fact it was a particular favorite. After looking all over, and bringing out some sweaters that looked similar but weren’t mine, the counter clerk handed over the rest of my dry cleaning and said, “No charge.”

I was disappointed (because, unlike suits, sweaters come in colors that are subject to fashion–in this case, dusty rose–and therefore aren’t always available). Since this was a good color for me I had a lot of things this sweater matched, so it was a loss. But basically, just a sweater.

Six months later, when I was picking up another load at the same place, the clerk saw me, and brightened up. She ran into the back and returned bearing my lost sweater, and we were all very happy. Then she rang me up, and then she pulled out the six-month-old “no charge” ticket and added that to my bill.

And I paid it. And to think I could have become a millionaire.

we don’t know that yet, but it *could * have gotten you pitted on the Dope.

She charged you for the old bill?! That’s kinda fucked up.

Bullshit. It’s a pair of lost pants, you idiotic jackass. It bears no resemblance whatsoever to your alleged problem at the gas station.

Also, from this article, released yesterday:

How does something THIS STUPID find its way into court? To me, this is “jaw Drpping Stupid”-to think the taxpayer’s time and money are being wasted on something so idiotic…plus the fact that this moron was a ppointed to be a judge…just boggles the mind!
I don’t see any lawyers defending this.

Huh?

I was asserting how angry I would get if hypothetical people messed with me over a sustained period of time (1200 days). Perhaps angry enough – depending on how nasty they’d been, which we do not know from the articles we’ve seen – to want to destroy their business.

You respond that my getting angry would be bullshit? How do you know how angry I’d get? Hell, you yourself call me an idiotic jackass after a single post on a message board…imagine how mad you’d be on day 1,200 of this discussion!

I’m also going to call you on your stupid use of the word “alleged.” Go back and insert “alleged” into your assertion that it’s a pair of pants, that the judge is suing for $65 million, that the pants were found – unless you personally were present, all those things are alleged as well. It’s just small-minded of you to try and tar my story with that term.

And have a great day!

Sailboat

This judge needs to be taught a lesson. Anyone have a severed hand sitting around that we could mail to him?

I gotta fucking stop watching The Sopranos.

So, it may have taken a while but the judge who sued the cleaners was given a 90 day suspension and that was lucky it could have been as high as an 18 month suspension.

Video discussion of the results. Skip to about 32:15 for the wrap up.

Here is a text article on the suspension, from the ABA Journal. And this is the appeals court opinion.

I had no idea that Law and Order episode was not fiction. Also, 13 years. Holy Cow.

So they send the judge to a corner for a little bit. How this idiot can ever be trusted to make a competent decision is beyond me.