Jake the Dog (Adventure Time) Color

Hello Dopers. I have no idea how to do this, so I’m hoping someone here can help.

I promised my niece we’d do a project. Specifically, we’re going to paint a brick like Jake the Dog (if you know the show, you’ll get it). So now I have to figure out what color paint I need. I’d be happy with either a rattle can or an exterior paint.

Google finds me some RGB colors, but that’s not really helping me.

Does anyone know how I can match a paint color to a cartoon? Or a resource that will say “Glidden golden morning is really close”

Or another approach?

Thanks!

I did a google search for Jake the dog pantone and got this and this as results. I don’t know if those are actual pantone numbers or not.

That doesn’t seem to be an unusual color. Take a picture to Home Depot and look at the paint swatches. They will sell you a sample size for $1.99 or so and you can try it.

(If you mean bricks, like Lego be sure to use Latex paint)

If you were doing this with artist’s colours, something like a Cadmium Yellow Dark (that’s Golden acrylic’s name) or Cadmium Yellow Deep Hue (Windsor and Newton’s acrylics) matches well. I’ve painted Jake for various things and that’s what I’ve used for smaller things.

For a mural, house-type paints worked best - I couldn’t find spray paint in the right colour, all either too yellow or too orange. There, the various house acrylic PVAs all seemed to feature some variety of “Gold” or “Sun” in the name. Specifically, I’ve used Dulux Royal Gold, Aztec Sunrise and Golden Sun before. One tester pot usually being enough for 1 coat of mural-Jake. Dulux is an international brand, but not sure if they have a US presence.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts. It’s a start.

And for the record, the project has two phases:
I’m going to take a garden-variety red brick from the pile I have in the back yard and we’re going to paint it.

If that comes out well, I may let my niece paint one in the brick wall I have out back. I’m torn between my cool uncle side and my middle class sensibilities sitde.