Jan 6 Hearings Follow-Along & Commentary Thread (Starts Jun 9, 2022)

Don’t worry. They can all be charged with being part of a plot to engage in seditious conspiracy.

I’m having having more fun imagining him subject to self-imposed house arrest because whenever he appears in public, passers-by spit on him.

Holy hannah! Some of those messages are unreal. “Firing squad?” For real?

Break time. But migosh, what has come out already. Looking forward to what we will get after the break.

‘The police have no standing if they’re laying in a pool of their own blood.’

Holy shit.

Trying to get my BP down again.

Ommm…

Some WaPo pundit just said we’ll hear more from Cipollone “during the final hearing next week.” Was this a misstatement, or is there only one more hearing?

I don’t know if it was a misstatement or just a fog of uncertainty. Conditions on the ground are changing rapidly based on the number of people who are now coming forward to offer additional information. Members of the Committee have indicated that may lead to additional hearings in August or September. The operative word: May.

Can you cite some high points for those of us out in the field?

I’m following here: Connecting The Dots: It's Your January 6 Hearings, Day 7 LIVEBLOG! - Wonkette

Yes, I heard that at the hearing today (that we will hear more from Cipollone). One of them (I think it was Cheney) said that during the opening remarks. It is starting to look like there will be more than one additional hearing, but I don’t know that anyone actually said that.

@ThelmaLou , to summarize, it was a narrative that grew, starting with a six-hour profane shouting match in the White House. Trump sycophants were on one side, and more reasonable people were on the other. Trump wasn’t hearing what he wanted to hear, in any event.

He wanted to appoint Sidney Powell as a “special counsel.” To what, nobody can say. Anyway, it was on-the-spot, no paperwork. You know, like a dictator would do.

It all culminated in Trump’s “Be there, will be wild” tweet, and how RWNJs on YouTube and other media interpreted it. Up to and including calls for extreme violence on January 6: all kind of weapons, be prepared for violence, etc.

Who is the guy they just led in to the witness table wearing the Descendants T-shirt?

He’s a former Oath Keepers member who acted as a spokesman for their organization for a time. Jason Van… err, something. He left the Oath Keepers prior to the January 6th insurrection.

I just want to say to him, “Remember when your mother told you the face tattoo was a bad idea? This day is the reason she told you that.”

Thanks, @DavidNRockies and @Senegoid.

Jason Van Tatenhove.

Jason Van Tatenhove.

ETA: Okay, Jason Van Ninjahove.

Man, Trump, Giuliani and Powell are all insane, dangerous people.

Now I’m picturing April, 1975
https://diplomacy.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Saigon-hubert-van-es.jpeg

“What about me ?!?”

–General Flynn

what’s the context for this? Wow.