Jane Fonda Cancels Bus Tour

In other words - “Damn, Katrina & The Supreme Court stole all of my media coverage.”

Moving FondaRant 2005 from IMHO to The BBQ Pit.

Or perhaps she felt that Cindy Sheehan would have more of an impact than she would.

Pardon my ignorance but what’s Jane talking about? I’m vaguely aware there’s a group of soldier’s Moms that feel differently about the war than Cindy but is there actually a organized, formal assualt by the right on her? Just curious.

Well, she’s been called about every name in the book. Her son is spinning in her grave. All of her family is against her. Her husband left her cause she’s crazy. She’s in league with radical lefty moonbats. She didn’t raise Casey anyway. She’s a flip flopper. Etc etc etc.

Does anyone care about Jane Fonda?

Of a bus trip planned for March 2006. :dubious:

Not the lamest Pitting ever, IMO, but certainly in the bottom ten.

Man, that’s just wrong.

Emphasis added. Twice.

It’s good to know that in a time of national crisis, the public’s attention is where it needs to be – ridiculing has-been celebrities.

Perhaps that is why it was originally in IMHO. A mod moved it to the pit.

Jane needs to get in touch with Cindy Sheehan. She’s a lot better at opposing the war in Iraq.

I’ve read lefties calling for Fonda not to protest the war, and righties hoping she would. She brings so much baggage with her that her public protest would be an immense blow to the antiwar movement. She’s doing the smart thing here.

Daniel

Gary Trudeau agrees with you.

Seems to me Gary Trudeau had it right in this Sunday’s strip. Basically the only people looking forward to this are the right-wingers who would love to rake her over the coals in public again.

On preview, what LHoD said.

I’ve also seen that Cindy Sheehan has cancelled her planned protest of the Blue Angels. I guess when the TV cameras are pointed elsewhere, she feels there’s really no point.

But, seriously: the Blue Angels? Why would anyone want to protest them?

Nope; I think Jane’s pretty much irrelevant by now. Kind of like Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon.

Good. Especially since my introduction to Jane Fonda was an excercise program on PBS.

[sub]not that, on reading your post, I remembered WHERE I’d read this argument between lefties and righties. I’m nowhere near that dumb[/sub]

Daniel

Protest the Blue Angels? What the hell for?

It took a little digging, but I found this:

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/news/local/050830blueangels.shtml

So there you go. Seems to me to be a bit of a silly way to make your point, akin to protesting outside Coca-Cola HQ to fight tooth decay, but to each their own I suppose.