Jellico Cat

I remember a book? poem? about a Jellico cat from many years ago but can’t find anything in either searching Google or this forum. I’m sure that the SDMB will come up with something.

Ummmmm…do you mean “Jellicle” cats from T.S. Elliot’s Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats which was made into a Broadway play?

Of course that is what I meant. I can now search and probably get results.
Thank you for being psychic

Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats was made into the musical, “Cats.” I’m about 90% sure its in the original cast recording as a sort of chant.

Yes yes yes I remember it now from cats! It was a fabulous scene. I must print this off for my hubby. We have just taken in a scrawny, weak, small and FILTHY black and white cat and this fits the bill. I introduce you to… (insert drumroll here) very much!

Jellicle!

Thanks

Bah, I screwed up and the page won’t let me edit. I’m sure you get the point.

How the word came about: T.S. Elliot used the phrase “angelical cat” in front of his goddaughter, who asked “What’s a Jellicle cat?”

Whenever I hear that song I replace “Jellicle Cat” with “Jelly-filled Cat”. Hey, it amuses me.

[singing]
Jelly-filled
Jelly-filled cat!
Jelly-filled
Jelly-filled cat…!
[/singing]

George’s Bush favt music! “Cats”

what, really?

No. As I recall, his favorite was “The Will Rodgers Follies”.

Err…I’m assuming that George Bush refers to Sr. not Jr.

I have no idea what George Bush Jr.'s favorite musical is.

Fenris

Annie, that is one of the coolest things I’ve learned in a long time. I didn’t know what he was talking about. From what was the “Pollicle” the Pollicle Dogs derived? Diabolical?
RR

Thank you, and you’ll close. “Appalling.”

In case anyone is interested, in Dutch “Jellicle” became “Yellbicle,” and in French “Jalupat.”

My reading over the last few days indicates that “Pollicle dog” came from “poor little dog”

LOVE the “jelly filled cat”!

Yes, they’re quite tasty!

Mmmmm… Raspberry jelly-filled cat!