Jeopardy Online Qualifying Test

A picture is worth 52 words.

Which question was that? I probably blew it, but I can’t remember.

I really hope they change the questions for the other parts of the country, because this thread is practically an answer key. :stuck_out_tongue:

In the category “Sauces,” which sauce do you put on eggs benedict?

And I think they’d have to have a different set of questions for the CST and PST test-takers.

Oh, I know what Puget Sound is. I just got all confused in my mind between Olympia, Salem, Eugene, Puget Sound, and the Willammette River.

I do much better while playing along on TV. Really.

Yeah… I’m a vegetarian and I was never a big fan of eggs, so I didn’t have a prayer at that one. C’est la vie. So I know I missed that, the Karamazov question, and since I put “meet” for “meek,” I imagine I will not inherit the correct answer to that question. Still feeling pretty good about my results.

I’m sure they would. I’m just wondering aloud if I’m giving my spot on Jeopardy away to some clever West Coast Doper. It WOULD be cool if we got a whole armada of people from this board on the show in a short span of time. :wink:

Question: I registered for this last week and I know it took my registration (when I tried to register for the “live and in person” auditions it told me “Sorry, you’ve already registered for the online audition”) but they never sent me a confirmation. Did those of you here get confirmations? (I’m taking it tonight if I can get on.)

Hollandaise sauce.

I didn’t get a confirmation. Then again, I havent done the tryout yet (it’s in an hour and a half), so maybe I’m screwed.

Just took it. The ones I know I didn’t:

“Playful” inventor of the mobile- anybody know?

“Puerto Rican Hall of Famer who died in a 1972 plane crash” (Roberto Clemente- I looked it up)

Category: C to C- a type of disease that recurs and goes into remission (as well as I remember the question). I have a feeling I’ll feel stupid when I learn this one.

I’m sure I got the 40 necessary at least.

Just took it: although I’m in California, I decided to do the “Central / Mountain Time” day (today) since I’m out to dinner tomorrow evening

I hope this doesn’t disqualify me… hope they don’t check IP Addresses if I tell them that I was visiting Chicago when I took it.

BTW none of the questions mentioned earlier in this thread appeared today.

Damn baseball questions…

Well, that sucked.

It took me 20 questions to get comfortable, then I rolled after that, except for the Shakespeare.

Why couldn’t I get Robert Byrd? I know that!

Ah, and the other baseball question I didn’t get- something about the 1941 Red Sox. (I put Gehrig because it was the only baseball player I could think of for the era- I knew he was “pride of the Yankees” but hoped perhaps he switched teams at some point.

Ted Williams

Wow, that was tougher than I expected.

Missed quite a few.

Sampiro…I put “cyclic” for that one.

Missed the playful sculptor and about all the bible related ones. Which Sicilian volcano was that which keeps erupting, Etna or Vesuvius? So many mistakes…

Does anybody know the “C to C” question?

Mobile: Alexander Calder, I think.

Don’t know baseball… :frowning:

Disease: Chronic?

The only ones I can remember not getting were baseball-related and plymouth rock, whose date I forgot.

:smack: :wally :smack:

*The only ones I can remember not getting were baseball-related and plymouth rock, whose date I forgot.
[/QUOTE]

Alexander Calder
Clemente
Chronic

The Tempest

Aw, that’s my favorite- what was the clue?