Jessica Jones Season 2 (open spoilers)

Warning - Open spoilers for Seasons 1 and 2 of Jessica Jones (and possibly other Netflix Marvel show seasons previously released)

Strange–I couldn’t seem to find a thread already … anyway … here goes!

Season 1 of Jessica Jones is one of my absolute favorite shows, certainly my favorite superhero show so far. So devastating, so complete.

After the flops that were Iron Fist, Defenders, and Punisher, I had somewhat lowered expectations for Season 2 of Jessica Jones. I just finished it, and my initial impression is – not as good as Season 1, but not bad.

It did seem like a much more claustrophobic atmosphere for some reason … every character seemed very isolated. Almost like you could feel they were all on an empty set.

I’m not sure how I feel about the appearance of Jessica’s mother. It somewhat dilutes the impact of her back story. And I’m not sure I entirely believed the Stockholm romance of Mom and Evil Scientist.

One huge negative for me was the actor playing Patsy/Tricia Walker. She just seemed terrible, especially when she got all shouty. I couldn’t figure out what was wrong until it occurred to me–is it “trying really hard to maintain my fake American accent” syndrome?

I looked her up, and yes–Australian! Ugh. Just did not work for me.

Oh, and I missed not having Luke Cage and Nurse Claire in the story.

Any other thoughts, comments, observations?

Google search brought it right up.

D’oh! I’ll take it over there

Before this gets closed I want to thank you for that warning. I started Defenders, took an instant dislike to Iron Fist, realized I needed to know more about the MNU, watched S2 of Daredevil, realized it was an extra-long pilot for Punisher, and gave up on the lot. I’ll give JJ S2 a shot, but I already have a depressed alky in my life.

Both DD season 2 and Punisher are great and worth watching.

Watching DD:S2 resulting in me not liking the Punisher.

Yeah, I really didn’t like Daredevil Season 2 because of the Punisher focus. And Punisher I found to be just dumb.