Jesus loves bin Laden more than you love your children.

Would Christians accept the belief that Jesus loves bin Laden more than it is possible for a parent to love his child?

If their smart they’d ask for a definition of more.

Probably. My kids are little heathens.

IANAChristian, but it seems to me that this is a no-brainer. God is Love, God loves all sinners, God’s love is perfect, therefore God’s love for any person, no matter how great a sinner, is by definition greater than the love any imperfect human can feel for anyone or anything, no matter how dear. [/christianthink]

Is there anything even slightly controversial or edgy about this proposition? Or am I just missing your point?

Isn’t it generally accepted that He loves everyone more than a parent loves a child?

ETA: Kimstu beat me to it.

I guess he loves everyone more than a parent could possibly love a child, he just wants to send some of them to a special place of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for them to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time.

Apples and oranges.

The ‘god is love’ thing gets thrown around a lot, but does it have any scriptural basis? In short- Cite?

1 John 4:8:

(I loves me some Bible Gateway! It’s, like, BibleSnopes or BibleDope.)

1 John 4:7-8.

Probably; they tend to be big on self hatred.

Wouldn’t surprise me. Dude always was kinda gay.

Thanks. I had always assumed it was new-agey crap.

The open-toed sandals gave it away.

But only if they fall in love with someone of the same sex. Or eat shrimp.

An angel doesn’t MAKE love; an angel IS love!

It’s part of the meaningless of unconditional love. He loves you if you are good or bad; he loves you if he rewards or torments you. It has no connection to your behavior or his, being unconditional.

Unconditional love, to be blunt, is nuts.

But he’s also a just God. Justice trumps love. That’s what many believe anyhow.

Only because they allowed you to see his pedicure.

That’s his pop. Junior is all hugs, lollipops, kitty cats, & joints.