"JFK and SAM" New Light on Kennedy Assassination?

Nah. Born in '63. I read it some time in the 1970’s.

Linky-Loo

But I still don’t understand why the Chicago Mob wanted Giancana dead-he was 'retired" from the Mob, and had lost all of his Havana properties. Yet the starnge survellence from the FBI? Why? And an eyewitness stated that all of the surveillance cars left early on the night of the hit-why? I could understand if Giancana was trying to return to a position of power, but he wasn’t-he was living quietly and trying to stay out of sight. I’m just wondering when all the CIA files about the attempts to kill Castro will be opened up-are they accessible under the FOI act?

Re the “magic bullet” thing: I once heard a guy lay out a very plausible scenario that involved a second shooter; the gun in use was a compressed air or gas powered weapon and the bullet was fabricated from dry ice—it would have been hard enough to do the deed and would then melt, presumably before it was discovered. I didn’t say I believed the story, but I did hear it.

But, even with the bullet missing/evaporated, wouldn’t that also leave a second wound?

Didn’t the Warren report settle that it was a determined case of suicide.

Mythbusters addressed the “ice-bullet” theory. Though they tried, they couldn’t make a frozen bullet durable enough to survive being fired from a rifle, let alone do lethal damage to a target. They didn’t try using an air-rifle, though I can’t see how that would make things better. If the ice-bullet was fired slowly enough to survive the acceleration, it would be too slow a projectile to be fired with any accuracy or power.

i.e. it’s bullshit. May as well suggest JFK was killed by alien technology found in Atlantis.

You’re assuming he was completely retired from organized crime. You’re assuming he was under considerable FBI surveillance on the word of witnesses of questionable trustworthiness. You’re assuming that surveillance was in fact taken off when he was killed. And all that’s a far cry from tying him in to another murder for which there is already a rather logical and well-supported explanation.

!!!

GODDAMMIT, WHO TOLD YOU . . .

Never mind. Now I have to kill you. Sorry. :frowning:

Nah, JFK was bludgeoned to death with a frozen leg of lamb which was then cooked and served to the Warren Commission at a banquet.

Bonus technical nitpick: a dry ice bullet wouldn’t melt; it would sublime (go from a solid to a gas rather than a liquid)

IIRC, the guy had that covered, but I don’t remember all the details—after all, it was a long time ago.

It’s simple, Zombie Hoover.

If anyone could rise from the grave and feed on human flesh, it would be Hoover.

And he’d do it in a dress. Cross-dressing Zombie Hoover! It’d make a hell of a band name.

OTOH, it’s hard to envision Hoover taking much of an interest in BBBRRRRAAAAAIIIIIIHHHHHNNNNNZZZZ!!!

In the end, what’s it matter if the mob arranged the hit or the Cubans or whomever?

Let’s start with a mob hit. The people who would have ordered the hit and carried it out are most likely dead by now. IAC, JFK’s death didn’t stop the persecution of the mob. Nor did Bobby’s death a few years later. So if we discovered hard proof that the mob was responsible for it, what would we do at this late of date?

If the Cubans did it, well, pretty much no matter when we figured it out, we’d go after Castro with both barrels. Awfully risky for a pissant nation like Cuba to try. After all, we failed at numerous attempts to whack Castro, so we were obviously out for blood, and if we got the barest hint that Castro was behind it, we’d have no qualms about invading.

If the CIA pulled the trigger, I gotta ask, why? Because they thought that JFK was a wimp? Heck, you could make the case that Carter was a bigger “wimp” than JFK and he’s still breathing.

The Soviets? It was Kruschev who backed down over the Cuban Missile Crisis, not JFK. Killing him would be an act of war, so were we to find out that the Soviets had a hand in it, we’d be launching nukes in their direction. Again, waaay too risky.

Space aliens. Why not do us all a favor and vaporize the entire the planet out of existence?

Nazis. Okay, why? The US, via Operation Paperclip, had pretty much provided shelter for a number of war criminals, killing JFK could have caused those guys to suddenly wind up in the hands of the Israelis.

It seems more like Oswald just got lucky.

For me it’s more of a curiosity thing. There’s tons of speculation out there on the internet, and I’m toying with an idea for a short story about the assassination. To have a decent story, I need something that’s not totally off the wall…

Might I suggest you check out The Destruction of the Temple by Barry N. Malzberg (he’s also written a number of short stories about the JFK assassination)? He pretty much runs through the various scenerios in his works, some times in rather surrealistic ways.

Thanks. I’ll have to check that out sometime. The story I have in mind is probably going to be plain old vanilla fiction. It may well have a few “easter eggs” of veiled references to certain people or entities in it, but it won’t be overtly fantastic or sci-fi oriented. Got a couple of background questions pending on another, more narrowly tailored, messageboard. If I get the info I need, I may bang out the story later today.

[voice of Truman]
:::there are other messageboards?:::: :wink:
[/voice]