Job Interview etiquette

Had an interview with a recruiter 3 weeks ago. Everything seemed great and she said that she would get back to me in 2 weeks. Well, its been a week since the 2 weeks. Should I email her? How should I word it? I don’t want to be pushy but I really want to know if I got the job or not. Dopers, how would you handle it? Thanks in advance.

You can’t lose by emailing her, so go for it.

A polite e-mail is fine. Both of you make money if you get a job and you are simply showing your enthusiasm.

(Also if this recruiter can’t even get you a promised reply on time, what are the chances she can actually get you a job? :eek: )

Did you send her a ‘thank you’ email the next day or so? If not, I’d use that to follow up. If so, I’d actually call her. There’s no subterfuge here, you both know the nature of your relationship is to get you a job.

I didn’t want to be the one to tell you this, Burrido, but your fly was open during the interview.

An e-mail would be fine, something like:

Thank you again for meeting with me on <date> to discuss the <position name> position. [filler about how you enjoyed learning more about the position and how your skills are suited for it.] Could you let me know the status of the search and my application?